Application runs slow and crashes since last upgrade

For all queries specific to the iPhone and iPod Touch versions of Solitaire 3D.
csjank

Application runs slow and crashes since last upgrade

Post by csjank »

I was not having any problems with this app until I upgraded to the latest version. Now it crashes on load frequently. Also it is slow to respond to screen touches when it does load properly.

cyndidoula1

Re: Application runs slow and crashes since last upgrade

Post by cyndidoula1 »

I love your games - play them every day - but since the upgrade, mine crashes all the time - unplayable. Please correct this right away! :) I miss my solitaire games.

shugarmag

Post by shugarmag »

I registered for this very thread. Sine the upgrade, the game is unplayable on my iPhone. Won't start. Rebooted phone several times. Best solitaire game I have, but can't play. Please update to fix!!! Thanks.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've tried to reproduce this problem on two iPod Touches I have access to here, but all seems to be working fine.

If people could post what model they have and what OS system version they are using it would help.

Also I'm not sure if its possible to generate a crash report also? I need some info if I'm to fix this apparently serious problem.

Another option to try is to delete the game completely from your iPhone or iPod Touch and install it again (you will not be required to pay again as Apple records your previous purchases), and see if the problem still occurs from a fresh install as opposed to an upgrade.

Or, you can also try to create a new user to see if that helps any.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

cyndidoula1

Post by cyndidoula1 »

(quote)Another option to try is to delete the game completely from your iPhone or iPod Touch and install it again (you will not be required to pay again as Apple records your previous purchases), and see if the problem still occurs from a fresh install as opposed to an upgrade.

Or, you can also try to create a new user to see if that helps any.[/quote]

Hi Aidan,

I have done both of the above - didn't help. It still crashes right away and now has affected another game I have on my I touch. I'm using an IPod Touch model #Al288.

Cyndi

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I don't see how it can affect another game - I think that's near impossible as all games are installed and run separately.

Are you up to date with the latest version of the OS? I think its currently 3.13. You can check it in Settings->General->About->Version.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

cyndidoula1

Post by cyndidoula1 »

thanks so much Aidan. That fixed it! I was operating with a 2.something OS and I purchased and downloaded the new 3.l and then tried the game again and it seemed to be working.

Thanks for guiding me through it - I'm very non-techie!

lid

Post by lid »

I have tried all the tricks and have 3.13 and still not works. Please fix, this is the best app ever

kwaddington

Have to agree with all previous posts

Post by kwaddington »

I am so frustrated. This app for Ipod is the best one ever. LOVE Gaps and Twenty both. I can open the app to the Select player page. Once I select a player it goes back to the home page. I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the Ipod and Itunes and then synced. No help. I do have 3.1.3 and have tried everything else that I can think of and nothing. Please find a fix. Thanks.

lid

Post by lid »

I forgot to tell that the error only happens when i listen to music. When the music is off its work. Cant you please release the old version who works???

shadowholly

Post by shadowholly »

I love this app.....however, recently it would for no reason close. It became more and more frequent. Now, I get as far as logging in and I can't even get to the games before it closes. I have re-loaded it a couple of times now. It starts to open and within seconds....closes. I keep my phone updated and synced. I don't have this problem with any other apps Will this be fixed? Help! :(

ezesmith

Post by ezesmith »

I have the latest iPhone software v3.1.3 on my 3GS and have opened a few of the crash files on my PC and have included it here:

<note: crash report retrieved and removed by admin>

I did not find one with your name on it as most of the crash files were some version of aggregate...

Hope this helps. I miss playing Gaps. I have installed and reinstalled and still no luck with v4.7

ezesmith

Post by ezesmith »

Let me know if you would like me to zip up all of the crash reports and email them to you. I would be happy to do that. ~ Ed

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

If the app is still crashing after the new update (V4.8) then please send on some crash reports.

Other things to try:

1) restart your iphone
2) delete your user file and create a new one (you will lose all scores and stats)
3) delete the app completely and download it again via the appsore (search for "grassgames" - you will not need to pay again - apple remembers your previous purchases).
4) ensure your iphone os is the latest version (via itunes)
Aidan
GrassGames.com

aggiegirl

Post by aggiegirl »

I've seen you post several times about posting crash reports. First, I have no idea what that means. Second, your directions on how to find these reports mean next to nothing to me b/c I have no idea what you mean. Look where? for what? it's very frustrating! I'm not a tech in any way and need a little more guidance than that. This is the first app I have ever downloaded that I couldn't just open and play. Please Fix This or give me my money back!!

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Aggiegirl: I've made the instructions more clear now. See the Generating Crash Reports thread for details.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I'm finishing up a new version these days. Now is a good time to send any crash reports if the game is crashing your iPhone or iPod Touch.

See the Generating Crash Reports thread for details.
Aidan
GrassGames.com