Generating Crash Reports

For all queries specific to the iPhone and iPod Touch versions of Solitaire 3D.
Aidan

Generating Crash Reports

Post by Aidan »

If the app is crashing on your iPhone / iPod Touch you can help me find the problem by generating a crash report using the steps below, then emailing them to me at support AT grassgames DOT com , or posting them here.

1) Connect your iPhone to your computer and start iTunes.

2) In iTunes, select your iPhone in the devices list and then press "Sync" and wait for the sync to complete. Note: it is a good idea to make sure "Sync Apps" is NOT selected in the "Apps" tab in iTunes first.

3) Find the crash logs on your computer.

Mac OS X:
  • Go to Finder
  • Select "File" then "New Finder Window"
  • Go the following folders: "Users", <your user name>, "Logs", "CrashReporter", "MobileDevice"
  • Go to the folder that represents your iPhone e.g. "Tom's iPhone"
Windows
  • Double click the "My Computer" icon on your desktop
  • Press the "Alt" key to show the menu
  • Select "Folder Options" from the "Tools Menu"
  • Select "View" then "Advanced Settings"
  • Turn on "Show Hidden Files and Folders"
  • Close the settings window
  • Go to the following directories:
    • On Windows XP:
      "Local Disk C", "Documents and Settings", <your user name>, "Application Data", "Apple computer", "Logs", "CrashReporter","MobileDevice"
    • On Windows Vista & 7:
      "Local Disk C", "Users"," <your user name>, "AppData", "Roaming", "Apple computer", "Logs", "CrashReporter", "MobileDevice"
  • Go to the directory that represents your iPhone e.g. "Tom's iPhone"
4) You'll see the crash reports there as files with the extension ".crash", and will have names like "Solitaire 3D_2000-01-06-093816_Toms-iPod". These are just text files, so you can edit them and copy/paste or send them directly as attachments to an email or post the contents here.

5) For Windows users, after sending the crash report, turn off the "Show Hidden Files and Folders" setting using the steps above.

Also mention if you were listening to music on your iPhone/iPod Touch at the time, and what device you are using.
Aidan
GrassGames.com