iOS 11 Problem

For all queries specific to the iPhone and iPod Touch versions of Solitaire 3D.
Chrispot46
2 Star
2 Star

iOS 11 Problem

Postby Chrispot46 » Sep 21, 2017

I have upgraded to iOS 11 and can no longer use Sol 3D in landscape mode. When the device is tilted, the app only occupies half of the screen. The other half is black. Has anyone else found this or better still a way to prevent it? Many thanks

hamerfan
4 Stars
4 Stars

Re: iOS 11 Problem

Postby hamerfan » Sep 22, 2017

Good catch! I have iOS 11 on my iPad and it does the same thing you describe in Landscape mode.
And sorry, no, I don't know of a way to fix it. Maybe Aidan is working on something.

Chrispot46
2 Star
2 Star

Postby Chrispot46 » Sep 22, 2017

I have found a little workaround. If you set landscape view in Sol 3D options and then lock the phone in portrait mode you can play quite comfortably in landscape. I should imagine this will work on the iPad.

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Oct 09, 2017

I've just released a new version (6.74) for the iPhone today, just the full version, the free ones and iPad versions are not updated yet.

Can someone check to see if it fixes the problem?

It should be in the app store on your iPhone soon.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Chrispot46
2 Star
2 Star

Postby Chrispot46 » Oct 09, 2017

Hi Aidan - Yes it has sorted it out. Many thanks. It didn’t come through as an update; I deleted and reinstalled.
Chris

Chrispot46
2 Star
2 Star

Postby Chrispot46 » Oct 10, 2017

Hi - Just an additional to my post yesterday. Having spent a bit of time with the new version, I am finding it a lot less responsive when it comes to double tapping cards. Depending on the game, when the cards are double tapped, they fly to the nearest legal move. In the update it is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it works but other times you can tap away and the card will simply twitch a bit and stubbornly stay put. Shifting your tapping angle sometimes works but I have mainly resorted to dragging , which is far less satisfying.
I don’t know if there is anything that can be done about this?
Regards
Chris

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Oct 11, 2017

A single tap should work in most cases. A double tap was never a feature of the game. No changes were made to that part of the code for this release.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

tmno2
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby tmno2 » Oct 12, 2017

Hi Aidan and Chrispot46

In the games I play, mainly intelligence, adjusting the auto play feature to maximum seemed to cleanup any hiccups such as is described here.

I don’t know if it is a feature in the particular game in focus here,and of course I necessarily defer to the developer, Aidan, who is much more in touch with what goes on within his games than I am.

When Chris refers to the fingured card giving a bit of a wiggle and staying put, in similar situations, I found that this meant the card had nowhere legally to go, discovered when a scan of the rest of the stacks proved that this was the case and that I had misread the situation.

Clearly a different situation to that which Chris describes.

tmno2
Terry

3Dinaz
1 Star
1 Star

Postby 3Dinaz » Oct 14, 2017

Since the update to fix the orientation issue, I have been unable to play using just one touch. As a previous poster described, the card just wiggles a little but stays put - even when there is a valid move. I am able to get it to work if I touch the card very lightly. It will move automatically after several attempts. This is frustrating game play. My times are nearly double what they were before the update. Before I was able to just mash the card that I wanted to move. As fast as I could see a move and press the card, it would move.
I hope this gets worked out.
Anyone else with a similar experience or solution?

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Oct 15, 2017

Guys, does this just affect cards near the top part of the screen (where the feature to pull down the notifications is), or does the problem happen everywhere? I don't have an iOS device myself to test on unfortunately.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Return to “iPhone Support”