Cant Get on the Server

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
Petto
1 Star
1 Star

Cant Get on the Server

Postby Petto » Aug 03, 2016

I've been playing on line for a while but I can no longer connect to the server? I downloaded the game on a Windows laptop whilst my Mac was being repaired and I couldn't log on - The laptop would be using the same IP address. I thought once my Mac was back I'd be up and running again but I can't log on to the server still. I've disabled the Firewall while I try and sort this out.

Help please.

Marbles
3 Star
3 Star

Re: Cant Get on the Server

Postby Marbles » Aug 04, 2016

Petto,

I converted to an Apple products well over a year ago after a somewhat viscious intrusion attempt that all but hosed the operating system on a HP Pavilion Elite PC running Windows 7 Pro. While I chose to also run Symantec / Norton Antivirus w/ Internet Security SoftwareI and Malwarebytes malware protection, it saved my bacon. Alas, over time it seems the operating system never fully recovered so I purchased an Apple iMac and have throughly enjoyed it since.

Having stated the aforementioned, there are programs I continue to use that to see seemingly did not run well on the Apple so early this summer I purchased a HP ENVY Phoenix 860 PC running Windows 10 and again installing Symantec / Norton Antivirus w/ Internet Security Software and Malware protection.

Although having used and enjoyed this Hearts program exclusively on the iMac, I wondered what the Hearts GUI would look like on the new PC, so, I downloaded a trial and what happened may interest you. As the trial downloaded, a Trojan slid in with it, although my security software caught and quarantined said Trojan. Curious, I deleted both the Hearts program and the Trojan and downloaded the Hearts program again…and wallah, again the Trojan slid in simultaneously, although again immediately quarantined. I deleted the Trojan and went on to use the Hearts program without issue. Afterwards, I stuck with the iMac for personal reasons.

It is important to state whilst this event may have been just happenstance with me! However, you may want to consider scanning your system. Perhaps you already employ (personal) security measures the point is to not just to you but the many. Personal security responsibility is just that, personal. There are those that profess they do not need 3rd party antivirus and/or security or malware software as they may muck up the operating system, albeit true … or not, there are external security measures, such as routers between your operating system and the Internet. The networks that providers use range from peer-to-peer to client-server, these have varying degrees of security on their end but this should not relieve personal measures as well.

The internet has changed our lives in countless positive ways, but it has a dark side and there are steps you can take to limit your exposure. If you know someone who is unsure of how or what to do, tell the to perform an Internet search with a phrase as simple as, “personal Internet security needs!”

Apologize if I rambled on…hope it helps (someone)... Be safe, have fun!

Regards,

Marbles

Petto
1 Star
1 Star

Postby Petto » Aug 04, 2016

Thank you for that information.

I was hoping for something a little simpler like "the server has blocked me for trying to use the same Log in details from a different pc - go to ..... to reset" but then nothing is that simple.

I could, I suppose, create a different account and start again.

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Aug 04, 2016

Just to point out that there is no problem using the same login credentials to get on the server from different machines, operating systems, or locations. You can't be on twice at the same time, but otherwise there are no restrictions.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Marbles
3 Star
3 Star

Postby Marbles » Aug 04, 2016

Now you mentioned using same data on a different device, believe same happened to me when I tried using the newer HP PC to see what the Hearts GUI looked like.

Good luck

Petto
1 Star
1 Star

Postby Petto » Aug 05, 2016

Our IT company say the Grass
Games server is "Blacklisted' on 3 sites and therefore access to the server for me at any rate is blocked.

No more Hearts 2 for me unless someone suggests something else.

Apart from the abuse directed at me (and others) due to honest mistakes I've enjoyed playing.

Thanks

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Aug 13, 2016

Do you know where GrassGames is blacklisted exactly? I can look into this if I have some more details.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Petto
1 Star
1 Star

Postby Petto » Sep 08, 2016

Aldan

See below:-

After reviewing the logs I have found that the site/IP that you are tring to conneced to has been blacklisted

See the below connection attempt.

2119.4 > : Game:NCT:MpS 2119.36 > (Login1) Connecting to 146.82.200.81:2994 ...
2119.4 > : Game:NCT:MpS 2119.43 > (Login1) Connection to 146.82.200.81:2994 rejected.

If you check the IP of 146.82.200.81 it has been blacklisted

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?act ... n=toolpage

This is why you cannot access the site

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Sep 09, 2016

Thanks - I'm looking into this now. It looks like it will take four weeks at least before this can be fully fixed up.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”