Not qutie right

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
tcalvs
6 Stars
6 Stars

Not qutie right

Postby tcalvs » Feb 09, 2017

Iceman, myself, butchdude and boo where playing last night when it seemed as though butch was feeding boo good cards and slamming Iceman. It was a very strange game and the play did not seem quite right. It felt like Butch was cheating with boo, but I can't be sure. This game has lost a lot of its fun.. Makes me really sad.

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Re: Not qutie right

Postby Butchdude » Feb 10, 2017

Tara, that is the most ridiculous assertion I've ever read. I am not a conniving player. I think you are paranoid. I don't know boo and in the past he has been very rude to me and other players. Lately, he seems to be quiet, which is good. I am a very honest person and am insulted that you would think otherwise. Also, I have enough challenge playing against good players and trying to win for myself and I have NO INTEREST in helping anyone else win. However, that having been said, in one game I can think of, in order to be a good sport, I allowed you to moon, checked other players, etc. so that YOU could win. Ironically, you're the only player I ever tried that with because I KNOW HOW TEMPERAMENTAL YOU ARE AND HOW YOU'RE ALWAYS WHINING IF SOMEONE GIVES YOU A CARD OR A PASS THAT YOU DON'T LIKE. I WAS TRYING TO GET YOU TO LIKE ME. However, I think you have some personal problems if you think I was trying to help Boo. Furthermore, I don't know Iceman except by his scores, I know that he's a very good player. You told me recently that you didn't think ICEMAN liked the way you play. You are a bit paranoid, Tara. You're a very good player but a very difficult personality.

To repeat, I HAD NO ARRANGEMENT OR ATTEMPT TO FEED BOO ANY CARDS. THAT IS A TOTALLY RIDICULOUS ASSERTION AND I'M SURPRISED THAT I HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF TO YOU. I'M NOT AS GOOD A PLAYER AS ANY OF YOU AND YOU SHOULD KNOW I SORT OF CONSIDER IT AN HONOR WHEN BETTER PLAYERS THAN MYSELF AGREE TO A GAME WITH ME.

I LIKE PLAYING CARDS WITH YOU TARA, BUT YOU'RE WAY, WAY OFF BASE. BUTCHDUDE.

tcalvs
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby tcalvs » Feb 11, 2017

I was posting on behalf of ice. The game just seemed off and I am sorry I offended you Butchdude. I am not paranoid just bringing up as a point of confusion for myself as I said the game did not make any sense. No, need to scream in all caps at me in your post. No, need to attack my personal life either. Was not attacking you. So, please don't attack me with all this stuff. I do whine sometimes, but not always like you said. I whine when I feel like I am being dumped on all game, it does not make for a fun game. Brining up my personal life is very uncool.
I for the most part I appreciate playing with you. But not sure I want to play you moving forward.

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Feb 11, 2017

First of all, you did offend me. You called me a cheat. Secondly, you shouldn't be writing on behalf of another player. If another player has a beef with me, it's his responsibility to address me, not yours. You should know by now that my playing isn't of the caliber of yours or theater highest scorers but I like playing with very good players, as I said. Your assertion that I was feeding Boo cards was so off the wall and such an insult to me that I felt the need to respond in the way I did.

You attacked me and I defended myself. It's sad that people can't just come here to have fun without drama. If the other player doesn't like the way I played, and he mentioned it during the game, saying that I should have played a card differently, the other player doesn't have to play cards with me. But he should be adult to wage his own "battles". You're acting as though you're his mother.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you would respond just as strongly to being called a cheater.

It's certainly up to you if you choose to play with me again. I don't hold grudges. But I do defend myself. Butch.

SunnyCorner
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby SunnyCorner » Feb 11, 2017

Just to set the record straight - Tara was not posting on my behalf. The game did feel a little strange and on a number of occasions the opportunity to pass QS to low (Boo) was not taken and instead given to high (me). Tara (unprompted) spoke to me afterwards as it appeared as if I was being targetted and I suggested she post what she saw.

On a wider point there is a lot of cheating in the game what with multiple identities, and players using different names to play themselves. We also know that these aliases are being used to target high(er) ranking rivals to try and reduce their score. In that atmosphere its not surprising that players get suspicious. The sad truth is that casts a shadow over everyone - the best policy is to continue to tell the truth and call abuses out when we see them. Regards. Ice

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Feb 11, 2017

First of all, Ice, I always tell the truth and unless people know what they're talking about and have facts, it would be much wiser not to insult innocent players like myself. I have no other aliases. Butchdude is the ONLY name I play under. As I said to Tara, I am not nearly as skilled a player as you, her, or other high ranking players. I'm sure I make many mistakes in my play. BUT THEY ARE INNOCENT MISTAKES. You shouldn't expect the degree of sophistication from me in playing that you get from others in your score status. Just look at my score and that should be self-evident. Maybe I aspire to greatness but I have enough common sense to know I'm not there yet. It's one thing to be suspicious and it's another thing to FALSELY ACCUSE INNOCENT PEOPLE OF CHEATING.

First Tara states she is posting on your behalf and now you say she wasn't. If the game felt strange, it's due to my lack of skill and that's the fact. In fact, Boo, in one of his more sarcastic and cutting attacks on me in the past, said: "Why don't you learn how to play?" Needless to say, this didn't ingratiate me to him. I do the best I can trying to learn when I can. Some things that may seem obvious to you and Tara are not obvious to me.

Also, I myself, try not to play with people who use aliases. I don't know why they feel the need to do this but I don't want any part of them.

There are a number of other abusive players on this system but no one seems to call them out. That's a separate matter.

I don't like being "ganged up on" but if someone has the time to explain to me patiently what I should learn, I'm very receptive to this. In the course of a game, there never seems to be the time for this. I'm not the type of learner that can be told something once and then I know it. I have to practice it and actually see the cards.

Before any accusations are made or suspiciousness is expressed, people need to use good judgement and know to whom they are speaking based on playing record, scores, etc. There seems to be plenty of discord in general on this game network and many people from all levels won't play with certain players. That's what's really sad. There is a general lack of respect for each other and each other's feelings as human beings. It occurs in everyday life and it's sad that it has to occur in cyberspace where most people are anonymous.

This is my attempt to set the record straight since I don't like some of the innuendos you made. Butchdude

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”