Giving Game Away

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
tcalvs
6 Stars
6 Stars

Giving Game Away

Postby tcalvs » Feb 09, 2017

Was playing a game with Emptybriefcase, Sirus, and I am sorry I do not remember the other person we were playing a good match and it came down to the last hand and I was shooting the moon and had it and Briefcase decided to throw it for Sirus so he could take a screen shot of being the highest rated player in the in the game; in my humble opinion that is wrong. This makes me not want to play the game anymore. They had conversations going back and forth all three games I played with them, they seem like real pals. It makes it hard to play a fair game when players are playing together against others. I will never play Briefcase again, left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Re: Giving Game Away

Postby Butchdude » Feb 10, 2017

This is another example of Tara's paranoia with respect to other players. Sirus and Emptybriefcase are two of the classiest players on the Hearts network. They are also among the top players of the game and so is Tara. I enjoy playing cards with all of them. If they invite me, which they sometimes do. In fact, Sirus has been a mentor for me on more than one occasion and frequently invites me to play in his games which flatters me very much because he is so good.

Some of the very best players have gone easy on me in the past because they knew I'm not as good as they are, to say the least. But I enjoy the game and enjoy the repartee. Tara takes all of this too seriously and gets carried away. On the one hand she especially has asked other players to help her during a game to prevent her "going out" and other players have helped her graciously. She shouldn't complain if the favor is returned between other players. This is why I frequently hear players talk about the "team" effort.

But again, with respect to Tara's complaint about me with respect to Boo, I don't even particularly like Boo, let alone my trying to help him win or whatever. But sometimes, we all join games for the sake of the game. I do enjoy playing cards with Tara, Sirus, Captain, and all the high rankers because their skills impress me and I can learn from them. Butchdude. Tara, take it easy.

tcalvs
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby tcalvs » Feb 11, 2017

Butch you have no place commenting on a game that you did not play in. They were talking about the whole getting his ranking up to the top of the game, the whole match, there was no subtly here. I felt very ganged up on. You feel you need to attack me, not sure why. I already apologized for offending you, I was not attacking you. So, please back off.
I hear you about team effort and you are right, but not everyone plays like that.
So, please cease and deceased you have made your point.

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Feb 11, 2017

I hope this will be my final response to this issue. I don't feel the need to attack you but did feel the need to defend myself. You had made a serious accusation against me. This additional case is relevant to my reaction to your accusation. In a recent game I played with Sirus and Emptybriefcase, a third player quit the game. I was leading. Sirus and EBC continued the game so that I would have a chance to win it. Then they both congratulated me when I did win. That was class. They didn't have to do that. That tells me the kind of players they are. And now I'm done and I hope you are also.

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”