ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR FROM SHAKIRAFAN

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR FROM SHAKIRAFAN

Postby Butchdude » Feb 26, 2017

Aidan, I just had a very unpleasant game due to Shakirafan. I was playing this game with Big John, and Liz who are fine people. At the beginning of the game, Shakirafan said 'HELLO GAY." I asked to whom the individual was speaking and the response was "JUST ADDRESSING THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE ROOM". Later in the game, I suggested to Shakirafan that more discretion is needed in addressing people in the game. The response from Shakirafan was: " I'M FROM CHINA AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND."

At the end of the game, Shakirafan stated: "SEE YOU AGAIN, GAY."

Aidan, this violates the norms of fair play and is in essence, a hate crime. Shakirafan is attempting to make slurs which is completely inappropriate for this game and network. It would be the same if someone made ethnic or religious slurs.

I think it's important to bring this to your attention because I'm sure you don't want this kind of behavior at Grassgames. Thank you. Butchdude.

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Re: ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR FROM SHAKIRAFAN

Postby Butchdude » Feb 27, 2017

Aidan, I see from looking at previous history that other players identified Shakirafan as Roger 56. I don't think Roger is a current player in the system. Thank you. Butchdude

SunnyCorner
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby SunnyCorner » Feb 28, 2017

I can confirm that Roger56 is still on the system – around 250th at the time of writing but Bobo (his other alias) has dropped out of the rankings.
Shakirafan is also based in Coventry England and I can also confirm that the type of behaviour and language he is apparently using is illegal in this country - whether he is a foreign national or not. Homophobia is completely unacceptable and using “gay” as a term of abuse demonstrates the uneducated bigotry that is routinely occurring in some of these games.

On a wider point – some of us have taken a firm stance against these abusers and refuse to play with them. This in turn provokes further abuse from others who claim we are childish - we should get over it - grow up and its only a game.............

Bad things happen when good people stand by and say nothing and I thank butchdude for speaking up – but be warned butch you too may now get the type of abuse that I, and others have had over the years for exposing the cheats – fraudsters and abusers.

I keep saying it – the only way to stop these people is to NOT PLAY WITH THEM and it would be helpful if we could also stop abusing those that take a stance against them – we are not stubborn or childish – we simply won't tolerate this type of behaviour.
Regards to all. Ice

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Feb 28, 2017

Thank you so much, Ice, for your strong message of support. It is deeply appreciated. And I know you are one of the primary advocates for maintaining a safe and friendly environment for enjoying the game of HEARTS. You are also one of the top players in this game.

I have many other friends on this network and appreciate the support of all the good people who are here to enjoy playing the game of HEARTS and the friendly competition we offer to each other. It's sad that there are a few who wish to spoil that atmosphere and detract from the pleasure of the game.

Ice, you are a leader here and again, thank you for your support and thanks to everyone else who has read our postings and who is supportive of what we've said. Best regards, Butchdude

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Apr 15, 2017

SHAKIRAFAN has been banned.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”