PLAYING SLOWLY ON PURPOSE

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
bskopit
2 Star
2 Star

PLAYING SLOWLY ON PURPOSE

Postby bskopit » Mar 29, 2017

I just witnessed something I have never encountered before. The player Shakirafan got the Q on the very first hand and accused all of us for picking on him. So he wanted to end the game and all the players did not. So he said this will be a very long long game and played a card every five minutes to teach us all a lesson. How can you allow someone like this to be allowed to play.

Just remember the name Shakirafan. I don't know how he got his high score around 2900 + points.

I played with MtnGirl and Lizzel.

MtnGirl
0 Stars
0 Stars

Re: PLAYING SLOWLY ON PURPOSE

Postby MtnGirl » Mar 29, 2017

HERE'S A COPY OF THE EMAIL I SENT TO AIDAN:
Dear Aidan,
I am currently in a game of hearts where shakirafan is holding the game hostage by deliberately playing as slow as possible.
This stalemate has occurred because we (the 3 other players) declined shakirafan’s request to end the after he/she received the Q of spades in the first hand. Shakirafan claimed he/she was being bullied because Lizzel held out playing the Queen until the 2nd to last play. Shakirafan played the “bullying” card saying she was being bullied because of this maneuver. Lizzel was passed the Queen by shakirafan and stated she was just returning it to the player who passed it to her.
I have to say I have played with Lizzel previously and that is one of the plays she likes to do. In fact, she has played this maneuver on me, which I like to call “returned to sender” move. I took it in stride because I believe it is all part of the game.
For a player to be a poor sport and want to quit after getting the Queen in the first hand is poor sportsmanship; not to mention then refusing to play to “teach us a lesson” goes way beyond behavior that should be tolerated.
Shakirafan kept saying he/she was being bullied but honestly no one was saying anything derogatory towards him/her until he/she refused to play.
This type of player should be banded from this site; in my opinion.
Hope you do something about this.
Sincerely,
MtnGirl
PS: The game was started at 3:30pm MST on Wed, March 29, 2017.

Dean6417
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby Dean6417 » Mar 29, 2017

reply to Mtngirl
First of all Shakirafan doesn't need me or anybody else to defend "him",yep, it is a male and is a Skakira fan, get it?
You "amusingly " like to call the play return to sender, hilarious, absolutely side splittingly funny, you know, like in a mental institution funny or in a kindergarten type funny.
What it is is pathetic "payback" type at the expense of the overall tenor of the game and is NOT in the spirit of genuine sportsmanship.An ethos sadly lacking amongst a lot of players on this site.
One of you two moaners on this subject asked how S'fan got so many points. Maybe he is just a better player than you payback merchants and concentrates on the game rather than pettiness of getting a cheap shot in.
My advice to Shakira fan is to avoid playing with them and others like them, you will eventually end up with a small group of good,regular players where you win some and lose some, but they are good people and mainly play within the spirit of the game.
Cheers.

SunnyCorner
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby SunnyCorner » Mar 30, 2017

I have no sympathy for Shakirafan - he's another multi-namer and abuser - however!

This started because he wanted to leave a game and the other 3 wouldn't let him and on the first hand too.

If a player wants to leave then let them go! By what right do you think you have to imprison someone or lose 50 points?

Let them go and if you think its sharp practice then don't play with them anymore - its as simple as that! Best. Ice

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Mar 30, 2017

MtnGirl is absolutely correct about Shakirafan. I've had my own difficulties with him as you may read in the forum. The bottom line is of course not to play with him because Shakirafan is a pathological liar. After my previous complaint, he told another high scoring player that the reason he called me "gay" is because he is allegedly gay himself and that he was just being "friendly" by referring to another "gay" player. Shakirafan is NOT to be believed. He then said in the chat section while players were being selected that Butchdude and Ice are "bullies" on this game line and that he is "being bullied" by Ice and me. This is so ridiculous, I didn't respond.

I disagree with Ice about in this situation with MtnGirl however because once a player presses the start button I BELIEVE THE PLAYER HAS A COMMITMENT TO COMPLETE THE GAME IN A FAIR AND RATIONAL MANNER EVEN IF THE PLAYER DOESN'T LIKE THE WAY THE GAME IS GOING. The exception, of course, would be an emergency or urgent situation. IT RUINS THE ENTIRE GAME EXPERIENCE FOR A PLAYER TO LEAVE THE GAME AFTER THE GAME HAS BEGUN. LEAVING BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THE CARDS PASSED OR THE PROGRESS OF THE GAME ARE NOT LEGITIMATE REASONS FOR LEAVING.

Dean, on the other hand, sounds like he has so much pent up anger that he will lash out at anyone. To call another players comments, "laughable" or "side splitting" is so condescending. If Dean has so much respect for Shakirafan and his ability to find a "good group" of players, perhaps Dean should play with Shakirafan, Kirkwood, Dunc, and other "nice players." Regards, Buthdude

Dean6417
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby Dean6417 » Mar 31, 2017

Thank you Butchdude for your psychological analysis.
I do play with the people you mentioned and have never had a problem with them.
Perhaps we are all angry and are scared crap of each other.
However, I bow to your wisdom and thank you again for the analysis, where do I send the cheque?

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Mar 31, 2017

Dean, you're very welcome for my analysis. It sounds to me like you should stay with your small group of "special" people. This will protect the rest of us who are looking for pleasant competition and ADULT civil behaviors. Players don't aren't required to be best buddies but they should be required to be reasonably polite and respectful of each other and the game.

Thank you for "bowing to my wisdom" but this is not necessary. None of us is perfect, including myself, but patterns of bad behavior of other players should tell us who to avoid. You state regarding your group that "perhaps we are all angry and scared crap of each other." I suspect that's the type of group most of the rest of us would choose to avoid.

Please feel free to make a contribution to your favorite charity in lieu of sending me a check. Best regards, Butchdude

Dean6417
6 Stars
6 Stars

To Butchdude,
I was going to reply to your last missive ,but it appears that you would miss the irony so why bother.
Just one piece of advice for you if I may : before you set yourself up as the arbiter of all things ,at least try to get a little understanding of the subject first.cheers

Butchdude
4 Stars
4 Stars

Postby Butchdude » Mar 31, 2017

Dean, although you may think that you have a superior understanding of etiquette and the game of Hearts, I'm sorry to disappoint you but you don't. I am not the arbiter of all things but I do have an understanding of how ADULTS should behave. I know you think you're such a clever fellow but when it comes to common decency and support of other players who are trying to do the right thing, you are lacking. So continue with your "fine" group of players. I forgot to mention one more for you: Father's Day would be a good addition to your group of people who don't want to or don't know how to behave in social circles. Cheers, Butchdude

Dean6417
6 Stars
6 Stars

Please make a list for everyone's enlightenment. You arrogant,pompous fool.
You have been on here for weeks as the perfect sycophant, telling everyone how wonderful a player they are but you are actually a two-faced hypocrite.
If i relied on you or indeed anyone on here to define my character i would go and hide under a rock, but it would be too crowded to get in there would be ,let me see. You, barrys, aristo, grandpa lewis, birillone, spook,moonlady ,regarding the last, ask your buddy Iceman why she thinks he and I are such reprobates loll. These are the people you are no doubt forming an opinion from as it was only three days ago b'd that you were pestering me for as game. Don't do it again.
The interesting thin that the above have in common is that Ice, I, and a great bloke called Billy, exposed these cheats and frauds and multiple alias users and have been castigated since.
We have the sort of character, alien to you obviously, that resists bullies and standover tactics in order to make this a fairer playground.
So here's a tip for nothing sycophant, don't speak to me again. learn the game and stop whining.Oh, and stop interfering in other people's lives.

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”