Scoring, scores and games

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
king101

Scoring, scores and games

Post by king101 »

Most of these games, I feel, are played for relaxation and time on the computer when we are not working. Relationships form, some on the basis of chat and others on the way of play and similarity of culture. There are "dirty" ways that are not against the rules and the common decency of chat is often ignored. Alliances form. However, we face a much more insidious form of prejudice now. That is "the SCORE". I would like to give three examples how this becomes injurious to the players. I travel a great deal with a medical organization. Often to areas where there is no Wi Fi. I have come back to find that I have "lost" 300 to 600 points. That is injury number one. Effect only on me. However, when trying to get a game on the Network, people look at your score since how many points they win or lose depends on mine. Effect on all. And lastly, as I stated above, this is a cultural melange where we are mixing electronically. It feels like high school when you were the last taken for the team. Effect on all.

I suggest that scoring could be done with just our games, % won, % 2 and 3, % lost with total games. Also, put the results of all the avatar games up. Get rid of a system that causes people to become excoriated and shunned like they belong to a leper colony. Before my last trip, I was ranked at 100. Now I am at 213. If I play and lose a game with someone with a lower score, I lose 10. I can see why no one with a high score wants to play with those of us with leprosy of the score. AIDEN--HELP. Comments and suggestions from others appreciated.

King 101 aka Roger Crenshaw, MD.

king101

Re: Scoring, scores and games

Post by king101 »

Aiden, this really needs attention. There can be 20 players but no one above 4000 plays with anybody with 3800 or less (at least not often).

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've addressed this problem somewhat - see here.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

king101

Post by king101 »

Now I am confused. Yesterday I came in 2nd against opponents that were 2000 points better than me and lost a point. Today I came in last against opponents that were somewhat better and still lost a point. Where is the 2+ points that are promised at the bottom just for competing? If I don't win, I get points deducted. On a probability basis (looking at the last 5 years) I win 24% of the time. So subtract 75 points for the games/100 that I lose and add 5 points for the games that I win (24X5points)=100 points. So every hundred games I would have a positive return of 25 points. I do not think the universe has that much time for me to go from 4000 to 5500. One is not able to get that many games as a 4000 player and at 2 a day I would get 600 per year. That amounts to 150 points. I would be 3 places above where I am now. Scoring is not FAIR.