Alvaro latest quitter

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
SunnyCorner
6 Stars
6 Stars

Alvaro latest quitter

Postby SunnyCorner » Jun 21, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 16.58.31.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 16.58.31.png (2.66 MiB) Viewed 214 times

billy
6 Stars
6 Stars

Re: Alvaro latest quitter

Postby billy » Jun 22, 2018

I find this all very confusing. Recently I have been in games where connection has been lost and screen freezes.
In fact I was in a game with Biri, just 2 days ago. I was facing Liz who was lit up the same way as Ice is here, waiting for her to play. When she didn't, I tried to chat and nothing happened. Waited 10 minutes as I'm reluctant to abort in case I'm shown as quitting, which is something I have never ever done even once in 4 years of playing. I was able to approach Biri in the lobby and asked him what had happened and he said it showed that I'd left, which I hadn't. The game wasn't recorded and I wasn't penalised. But this screenshot shows that it is Ice to play but where is his card ? Fortunately my game was only into the 2nd hand and I was 2nd and certainly had no reason to leave. I notice Alvaro was on 95 and set to lose. Has an assumption be made that he left/quit and not his connection lost. Very difficult scenario for me to comprehend. I hope this can be explained in simple terms as I'm unable to. Thankfully Biri did tell me not to worry and no problem as this tends to happen.
There's a similar situation with the Hislop post. I have played Lee many a time and he has never quit despite being in a losing position. I'm not defending either one, but I notice he was close to 100 too when this happened. Is there a 100% way to confirm the difference between leaving, quitting and losing connection as it appears the one who is accused is left in the dark, where the other 3 have seen the message.
I guess for the price you pay for this app, which is very cheap, explains why it has so many ambiguous failings. I play on my iPad and watch most sport programmes on the go for hours on end without losing connection. I play grassgames cribbage too, and never lose connection. It just happens on Hearts. I would go back using my iMac if I thought it would make a difference, but having paid for a years prescription to find it expired after 3 months, hasn't filled me with confidence to subscribe again. Aidan is busy and hasn't the time to deal with these or any other situations.
Thats it.
Regards Billy

SunnyCorner
6 Stars
6 Stars

Re: Alvaro latest quitter

Postby SunnyCorner » Jun 22, 2018

Hi Billy and thanks for your observations.
I'm not sure what you mean when you say "screenshot shows that it is Ice to play but where is his card" - I hadn't selected a card yet but I did go on to choose the 3 hearts. Alvaro had already just dumped the QS on me - which pushed me over 100 - (hence my lead) he then couldn't win and he promptly quit. We carried on the game and as expected MATHTEACHER won it.

Regards. Ice

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”