QUITTER PENALTIES

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
bskopit

QUITTER PENALTIES

Post by bskopit »

AIDEN
I SURE HOPE YOU ARE TAKING THESE QUITTERS SERIOUSLY AND GIVING
THE PROPER PENALTIES TO THESE DEPLORABLES

THANKS

SunnyCorner

Re: QUITTER PENALTIES

Post by SunnyCorner »

The subject of “punishments” for quitting keeps cropping up - this is my understanding of how it works.
1. Games are not monitored by Aidan or anyone else - the system is automated.
2. However the system cannot tell the difference between a disconnect (for whatever reason) and a player quitting.
3. If a player continues (with more quits/disconnects) the system will assume the player is quitting and it will deduct points and eventually ban the player for a short period.
4. However, there is an important proviso - the game must be continued by the remaining 3 players to register the quit/disconnect. This then allows for the occasional disconnection problem but identifies continued “quits” as a pattern.
5. Its not perfect and if you do have a connection issue you need to fix it quickly or the system will identify the pattern as quitting. Points deductions and a ban will follow.
6. Regarding the remaining 3 players continuing the game, I think this is an issue. Many players (including me) do not like playing with a bot. However, if the quitters are going to be punished its essential to carry on with the game.
7. Some players are exploiting this by quitting and expecting the others to end the game. My advice would be to carry on if you think a player has quit. They will only get away with it a couple of times before the system deducts the points and bans them for a short period.

I hope this clears it up – as I said earlier this is how I think it works but if anyone has anything to add please do as we'll all benefit from that knowledge.
Regards to all. Ice

billy

Post by billy »

This is just a short response to original post. I'll respond to Sunny's in due course.
There's absolutely nothing sinister in this question, but like the texasranger, bskopit you have a name for the forum and obviously a different one in the lobby. All 4 of us inc me and Sunny have been on here since 2014. I'd simply like to know, out of sheer curiosity, which players are putting out these posts. There must be others too.

billy

Post by billy »

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 16.10.16.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 16.10.16.jpg (192.23 KiB) Viewed 14420 times