Requested progamming fixs for Hearts

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
clevsparrowhearts

Requested progamming fixs for Hearts

Post by clevsparrowhearts »

Aidan,

The Chat blocking feature gets a few players riled up. Some players don't like the chatiness of some so they get "blocked" via a canned chat only mechanism. I think you should not shackled a player with canned only chats when someone "blocks" the chat of the player but just have all chat messages from that person not displayed to the person (dropped into the bit bucket) when the chat block is used on them. Or also just add the feature that a play can turn off chats completely? This is for the player that does not want to see chats from anyone.

Just "dropping" chats for the blocked player will make all parties "happy." Chats sent by the "blocked" player are dropped into the bit bucket for just that player that set up the block and that player can continue to converse with the other players.

Just "silence" when blocking either an invite or chat is the golden rule of sorts (at least in the do-no-harm version of it).

Thanks, Bill (Clevsparrow)

clevsparrowhearts

Request save game results before end of last hand when possible

I recommend that you record the game result to the server before the last hand is completed so that the server has information regardless of any quick "quit" attempts or network disrupts at the end of the last hand. It is most frustrating to be be mooning on the last hand and the game disconnects and the entire game and its result is lost.

No one likes playing an entire game and then to have the game aborted toward the end of the final hand.

clevsparrowhearts

Players sitting in the lobby for over an hour should just be disconnected.

I recommend that player a sitting in the lobby for over an hour should just be disconnected from online server.

Typically this player has not responded over time to many invites as well. Or if this is not feasible at least change the player's icon to grayish/dim to indicate the player is dormant sitter in the lobby to other players.

I think most of the extended lobby sitting is someone who closed his laptop/desktop or using a phone and failed to quit Hearts.

clevsparrowhearts

Reduce Quit penalty

The quit penalty of -5 is too excessive as it appears you cannot tell a network disruption quit from an intentional one. I think the penalty should be reduced to say -2. It seems you can't differentiate a manual quit from a network disruption causing the quit. The quit penalty amounts to 5 losses at the monthly level. This is particularly excessive to players with low winning pct to begin with.

clevsparrowhearts

The Monthly Place/Lost percentages in the Player's Profile section of Hearts are not being calculated.

The Monthly Place/Lost percentages in the Player's Profile section of Hearts are not being calculated. The Monthly Win Pct is..

pmath1

Re: Requested progamming fixs for Hearts

Post by pmath1 »

Thank you for this post. I couldn't agree more. As you know, I was the person responsible for you not getting credit for your win when my gghearts program closed without warning at the end of the game. I was in the process of congratulating you when it happened. Now, just a few minutes ago in another game with you, FD and ? (can't remember), it happened again after just one hand. Happens several times per week. Seems very unstable on my chromebook. Every time it does, I have to reset all the preferences. And as frustrating as it is for me, it is I'm sure even more so for those with whom I'm playing. Sincere apologies to all. Hoping for a fix...

clevsparrowhearts

Re: Requested progamming fixs for Hearts

Aidan,

You really need to close the ability of someone to fast-quit on a final moon to prevent a game from being recorded on the server. It just happened to Giver69 and has happened to me in the past. There is no reason that you should not record the results of the game on the server once each player has a single card left. Your program will know the result before the final cards are played out. This will close this Moon/quick quit - no game results.

Bill