Game Ranking Numbers

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
Johncda

Game Ranking Numbers

Post by Johncda »

Aidan

Everyone likes to win at hearts however: with the ranking system now working for players to reach a higher point level it has
changed the way many of the players are playing the game, instead of trying to make it a competitive game and give the Queen and some points to the LOW MAN they now pile all the points on the player with the HIGHEST score just to get there ranking numbers up. The friendly competitive players are gone now. It seems that way to me anyway, the players are just playing to improving their own score. I find that attitude of the game has changed among the players. The friendly game has disappeared.

John

Aidan

Re: Game Ranking Numbers

Post by Aidan »

Your rankings only go up if you win the game and go down if you don't. This wasn't the way things were before V2.6 but it is now. So unless the player is winning, piling points on the highest player is not going to help their rankings.

Maybe players in general don't realise this yet? Or am I missing something still?
The friendly game has disappeared.
I've had a lot of friendly games and a few not so much, although I've played hardly at all compared to some. It seems to me to depend a lot on who you are playing against.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

GLEN

Post by GLEN »

I haven't noticed people doing that, but I have noticed that a lot of good players that used to play aren;t here any more. Not sure why

Johncda

Post by Johncda »

Aidan

The players in a game now (other than low man) are more interested in placing 2nd or 3rd place in the game so they will not lose their ranking position, that they give all of the points to the high points player so that the game will be over quickly and they will not go any lower in their ranking position. Before the ranking position was working most of the players in the 2nd,3rd,4th spots
would always try to go after LOW MAN to make the game fairly even in points. The games lasted longer and seemed more competitive and friendlier without the ranking points. That is my personal opinion and I may be all WET !!!!

John

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

that they give all of the points to the high points player so that the game will be over quickly and they will not go any lower in their ranking position
The will go lower if they do not win. The rankings of all players that do not win go down, only the winner's ranking goes up.
Aidan
GrassGames.com