Hosting Hearts

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
unsain

Hosting Hearts

Post by unsain »

Hi Aidan,

I have really enjoyed playing the hearts game you have created. After playing for a while I decided to get the paid version to not only show support for your work but also in hopes of being able to host. I'm seeing fewer and fewer players (including myself) willing to wait for someone with the ability to host. They may come on for 3-5 or even 10 minuets or so then leave. When someone comes on that can host, they either choose their favorites or are inundated by those that have been waiting.

You have posted several possible ways solving this problem that involves downloading mapping programs that to be honest, I do not feel comfortable doing. I chat with those that have been able to host but now cannot. Like I said, I like the Hearts game you have created. You would have many more people interested in playing if they did not have to wait so long to join or be invited to play. I would pay for the game if I could host. I think the majority of players would do the same. Your thoughts.
Dennis

Aidan

Re: Hosting Hearts

Post by Aidan »

I would love for all to be able to host also. I can't reproduce this problem here.

Can you do the following:
1) Creat a game
2) Get someone to try and join it
3) After they fail to join your game, go to "About" screen and post the logs here.

"downloading mapping programs that to be honest, I do not feel comfortable doing."
Its safe to use the Port Mapping program as far as I know, but really should not be needed anyways, as the game tries to open the ports it needs itself internally.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

tinmantoo

mapping

Post by tinmantoo »

i cannot host, so as suggested down loaded mapping programme! port changed from 40410 to 43410 still no change, any ideas Aiden please.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Try getting me some logs as mentioned above.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Version 2.7 has some fixes for this - at least some of the people that could not host before can now.
Aidan
GrassGames.com