no play penalty

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
rocketron66

no play penalty

Post by rocketron66 »

Aidan,at what time does the reduction in ranking points kick in for non participation of Grassgames Hearts (competetive)
Thx Rocket

Aidan

Re: no play penalty

Post by Aidan »

Every day your ratings will go down by 2 points if you have not played in a day or more.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Linux Vista

Post by Linux Vista »

Wow. That's a lot.

billy

Post by billy »

rocketron66 wrote:Aidan,at what time does the reduction in ranking points kick in for non participation of Grassgames Hearts (competetive)
Thx Rocket
Aidan wrote:Every day your ratings will go down by 2 points if you have not played in a day or more.
That seems unreasonable. Players can be ill, on holiday, and have all sorts of reasons for not playing for a week or two.
Surely this rule is in force to prevent players who are heading the leaderboard and preserving their lead by not playing.
Some players have played close to a 1000 games in 5 months and would expect not to be penalised if they took a weeks break from it.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Ok. What would be more reasonable then?
Aidan
GrassGames.com

billy

Post by billy »

Aidan wrote:Ok. What would be more reasonable then?
Hard to say !!
Possibly to allow for a two week break, the reduction should be held back and done in one hit after those two weeks and then every day thereafter, rather than right from day 1.
I guess you hope and pray for the day when you keep everyone happy !!

rocketron66

Post by rocketron66 »

Aidan wrote:Every day your ratings will go down by 2 points if you have not played in a day or more.
Can i bring this again to your attention Aidan!

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

But this is clearly not happening? See Renato's previous post from last week. For what its worth a fairer system would be monthly. No play = lose 10 for example. Should also apply in Cribbage. Best. Iceman

rocketron66

Post by rocketron66 »

I concur with Iceman,for example monitor the participation of the number 1 current position,namely Hossein.played 144 as remained in number 1 position for several days now,no offence intended Hossein,but clearly no deductions have been forthcoming.
The balls in your court Aidan.
I wait in anticipation!
regards Rocket

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

The same with HIALL - score unchanged for over a week and no games played.
While I'm on as it were - I don't think the scoring is very fair either. Playing crib I'm getting 2 or 3 points for a win and getting 10 - 15 points for a loss. The same in Hearts. I think seriously now about playing with low ranking players as the penalty for losing is just not worth the risk. There's no logical reason to get more points for beating higher ranking players or vice versa - it certainly doesn't happen in real life games. Thats partly the reason for the roller coaster ride on the rankings - it really doesn't make any sense does it?
Best. Iceman

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've been more or less offline for the last few months but should be back working again on this early in the new year so I'll look into all your points then.

Happy Christmas...
Aidan
GrassGames.com

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

Yes Aidan - remiss of me not to wish you merry christmas and I hope you have a peaceful new year.
My point was almost prophetic when I lost over 40 points in just 2 games yesterday - this really can't be right can it. I do hope we can devise a fairer system which is less erratic than this and fairer to all concerned.
Best. Iceman

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

The deduction of points for not playing was not working for a while but is again now.
Aidan
GrassGames.com