contract whist

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
billy

contract whist

Post by billy »

Have any of you hearts or crib players played whist where you have to call exactly how many tricks you get ? I think its called contract whist. This would be a great game to play on line Aidan !! Its similar to hearts but with trumps. Virtually no luck involved, which seems in abundance in hearts, and cribbage. I know it is a game of luck and skill but the luck doesn't seem evenly spread around. These are fun games , which you've been good enough to provide, and shouldn't be taken seriously, as I for one admit to doing in the past.
However in this contract whist If you get a poor hand, you can call no tricks if you want to. There is plenty of skill in getting the number of tricks you asked for. Get a trick you're not expecting means losing one of those you expected. I wouldn't see any need for quitters, moaners, rudeness or ignorance etc with this. Do you think this could be a possibility in time to come ?

Aidan

Re: contract whist

Post by Aidan »

You need to count your tricks in Bridge also which I'd love to do sometime if I get a chance but time is a problem alas.

Contract Whist might be a good idea, but I'm not sure how much interest there would be in it.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

billy

Post by billy »

Aidan wrote:You need to count your tricks in Bridge also which I'd love to do sometime if I get a chance but time is a problem alas.

Contract Whist might be a good idea, but I'm not sure how much interest there would be in it.

I'm sure you're right !! Lack of interest, shown here so far by lack of replies.
Surprised really that the more skilful players wouldn't be interested as the skill element would show up and it would go a long way to reducing the luck element.

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

I'd be interested - I do play Bridge as well. Best. Iceman