system changes

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
Dean6417

system changes

Post by Dean6417 »

Aiden, this game has the potential to be an excellent game in which genuine competitors have the opportunity to play to their skill level with a little bit of luck thrown in.However Aiden, you insist on "tinkering" with the game and as a result we have problems with the dealing of cards:in other words, with the actual consistency of the cards distributed to the players.
I have never been involved with any game where there is such a huge discrepancy in the scores between players. It is EVERY GAME. Yes it is nice to win, but i believe that most people who play in the competitive competition, play because of the opportunity to play against players who love the act of competing.
You have taken this away from us Aiden.In the few short months since I PAID for the privilege of playing here, you have had 4 system changes.4, and each one is worse than it's predecessor.
Here's a tip; leave the game alone or get out of the industry.

SunnyCorner

Re: system changes

Post by SunnyCorner »

Aidan I must endorse Deans point - there is something wrong with the distribution of cards in both Hearts and Cribbage. There's just too much discrepancy between the scores and its consistent. Its great when you can't lose and very frustrating when you can't win but players I think joined for the skill element. Witness the dramatic fall and rise of very good players - if it were consistent the best players would always be around or near the top and that is just not the case. Please have another look at it - I feel its ruining the game. best. Iceman

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

The deal is 100% random. Nothing is controlled in any way.

Sometimes cards will be good and sometimes they won't - there's nothing I can do about this.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

There are updates to the shuffling coming in Hearts V3 (and will be in the next version of Cribbage also).

They are not really needed as shuffling was always fully random as I've mentioned, but the updates do give the user more control of the shuffling which is a feature some might like.

More details in this thread.
Aidan
GrassGames.com