Why can't we host?!!!!!

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
Scottb
2 Star
2 Star

Why can't we host?!!!!!

Postby Scottb » Jun 28, 2015

The most frustrating part of playing this game is the inability to host. For those of us who can not, we have to wait and wait and wait for someone to "pick" us. Rather than controlling who we play with, we are stuck. Please let everyone host. Thanks

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why can't we host?!!!!!

Postby Aidan » Jun 28, 2015

I don't stop people from hosting - it just does not work for some people due probably to router configurations or your network setup.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Scottb
2 Star
2 Star

Postby Scottb » Jul 05, 2015

Thanks for your response Aidan. I have tried all the different configurations to allow me to host, but none of them work. Thus is on my Mac and iPad. I don't understand why a router configuration has anything to do with being able to host. Thanks. Scott

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Jul 05, 2015

Because for the hosting process, other players need to be able to communicate with a network server you have created withing the game on your machine. When you can't host, its because something blocks the communication. That something can be a firewall, your internet provider's setup, your router configuration if you have a router, or possibly some other factors I'm not aware of.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

unsain
1 Star
1 Star

Postby unsain » Sep 26, 2016

None of these answers related to hosting are specific enough to be meaningful. I think most would like the ability to host rather than waiting to be accepted or chosen.

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”