Solution for error with opening ports

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
marekjoz
6 Stars
6 Stars

Solution for error with opening ports

Postby marekjoz » Nov 24, 2015

I think that something like the below presented workaround should be provided by the not-giving-the-f... owner of this forum.

But anyway...

This error is a total mess last times, when only 1 person for 10 in Lobby is able to host a game and Aidan does not give any s... I will not buy anything from Grassgames anymore (I have bought the paid full version before) and that's not because something was not working, but because Aidan does not care even to write a"sorry", or "working on it" or anything to his customers. It's not important if you sell it for 1000$ or 29$. it is not important what you have in you License Agreement. It is not important if there still are a few errors or not. It is important how you treat your customers. You had Aidan some elearning lessons i have provided to you, but after months after that, I can see there is no hope for you. Pity...

Please, the Hearts community members, read the comments above each picture to be able to host games again. It is possible, that some other software, you may have installed on your computer, is blocking the same port used by Hearts or/and with some other coincidence make(s) it not working as it should. The solution presented here works fine for me on Windows 7 with my cable Internet provider and I think it would work also for others Windows, Macs etc. When I connect through cellural network Internet (3G or LTE) though, such an error does not appear at all, so it must be network firewall/access point/router related problem. To be able to host games again, just change the port numer in example to 43415 in the way it is showed on pictures below.

If there are still errors be sure to have <UPnP port forwarding> checked in your home router's settings (accessed usually via web browser at http:192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1), but I hope it may not be be so important after the change.

Good luck! Tell me in comments if it worked for you.
Attachments
1 - error.PNG
This is the error preventing to host a game. When you see it, you still can play and be invited to network games, but cannot invite anyone, even if you are able to Create a game.
1 - error.PNG (395.81 KiB) Viewed 9809 times
2 - click.PNG
After you log in and choose the Network game type you want to play (ie Competitive), you need to click at the right down corner, where the red arrow points. You will see the small popup window with <Logout>, <Options> and <Show Players> options to choose from. Choose <Options>.
2 - click.PNG (511.82 KiB) Viewed 9809 times
3 - change.PNG
The red circled area shows you where the infamous 43410 port is set. Change it to 43415 for instance (or anything around), it works fine for me.
After you relogin to game again, the popup with 43410 port error will not appear again and you will be able to host a game.
3 - change.PNG (376.76 KiB) Viewed 9809 times

DUKE
2 Star
2 Star

Re: Solution for error with opening ports

Postby DUKE » Jan 12, 2016

the error message appears with ANY port # applied,..... any ideas on this :?:

marekjoz
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby marekjoz » Jan 13, 2016

It also sometimes happens to me. Happily - that's rare. Restarting a computer and/or a router usually helps, when a port change gives no result.
Try it.

Best
marekjoz

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Jan 18, 2016

These error messages are not problems with the game marekjoz. The normal port opening procedure works for some and doesn't for others due to network routers or firewalls or anti-virus or other unknown elements and there's nothing more I can do at the game level to help this problem that I am aware of. Your post may help others though despite the abuse.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

marekjoz
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby marekjoz » Jan 18, 2016

I suspect there is rather something wrong with closing ports after the previous game. Some specific circumstances may occur, when the game is being finished. In example when
- the host leaves the game just after the last card but before the results are shown or
- when after the game, a player closes the game not with 'Exit' button then
maybe, just maybe the port remains still open and when you try to open it for the next time, the operating system doesn't let you because it considers it as being still in use.

It's just not normal, when I do not change anything to router settings, my IP remains unchanged and I do nothing except one game when I can host, and just after this one, I cannot host the next time a minute after the previous one has ended.

BTW. Not an abuse, just the voice of the pissed customer and a pissed member of your community. Just told you - do not require the solution, but require confirmation of being listened to.

DUKE
2 Star
2 Star

Postby DUKE » Feb 09, 2017

I have tried turning router off/ then on, changed port # to to "Recommanded" # and always the same error message. Tried port mapping, and still get " error message."

Return to “GrassGames' Hearts”