CHEATING. Negating a loss in Cribbage.

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Cribbage".
hellboy

CHEATING. Negating a loss in Cribbage.

Post by hellboy »

Some cribbage players have found a way to negate a loss by, i think, waiting until just before the winner enters his count, and then either synchronizing or quitting at the right moment. This is increasingly done on purpose to maintain or elevate standings on the stats. Please find a way to correct this "glitch" perhaps by not allowing the opponent to leave until the final count is entered, or agreeing to end the game or series. Don't know if a skunk counts one way or the other, but, if it does, certain people tend to cheat more when skunked. Anyway, it is irritating to spend 20 minutes playing an opponent only to find out that the game doesn't count. I like the competition and the struggle to the top, but don't need the practice........

Playing under alias of "KJG"

ru29

Re: CHEATING. Negating a loss in Cribbage.

Post by ru29 »

I agree 100% with this. The most notorious user who is guilty of doing this is Budman. i stopped playing vs him a long time ago due to the actions you mentioned.

-Russo

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've noted this problem and will look into it when I can. This may not be for a long time though due to not having much time to spend on GrassGames at the moment.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

ru29

Post by ru29 »

Thank you Aidan!

JLMagic

Post by JLMagic »

Yes, my first ever online game was a victory by skunk and was negated by the player dropping out.

Fortunately, I then beat him two straight games.....

It would be nice if this would not happen...

Thanks, JL

budman642

Post by budman642 »

Well over a year ago I would check my rating after playing only to find that I was not being credited for some of my wins.
I watched closely to see how this was happening. I concluded that certain opponents were exiting the GrassGames Cribbage
site an instant after the final score. I tried using procedure against some opponents and it did work. Thinking that this was
a common practice I used this practice occasionally for a short while. I then concluded that this practice was not as wide spread as I originally thought and totaly stopped doing it. My sincere apologies to any players who I might have wronged
during that time period. Aidan if I can be of help in correcting this flaw please contact me.I would have replied sooner
but was not aware of the previous posts on the subject.
budman642