game had been decided. "Right now Im just locked in on getting my rebounds up," Harrell said. "At halftime I only had tw

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Cribbage".
blueberryjerry
6 Stars
6 Stars

game had been decided. "Right now Im just locked in on getting my rebounds up," Harrell said. "At halftime I only had tw

Postby blueberryjerry » May 07, 2017

DETROIT -- To no ones surprise, Patrice Bergeron, Jonathan Toews and Anze Kopitar are the finalists for the Selke Trophy, given to the NHLs best defensive forward. Milwaukee Brewers Travis Shaw Jersey . Bergeron of the Boston Bruins and Toews of the Chicago Blackhawks have each finished in the top three in voting for the past three seasons, and Kopitar of the Los Angeles Kings was fourth last season. For Bergeron its an honour that underscores how much hes respected around the game for his two-way play. "I think youre always trying to work on things and I feel like the complete game is something that I take a lot of pride in and Im trying to work on," the Quebec City native said Thursday. "I think that this year I mean obviously I got the bounces offensively, but that being said it doesnt mean that I let the defensive part of the game out." Bergeron, who narrowly lost the 2013 Selke to Toews after winning it in 2012, has to be considered the favourite. His 1,015 faceoff victories were the most by any NHL player in the past seven seasons. "It makes you proud because you know hes well deserving of that, he has been for years now," Bruins coach Claude Julien said. "Always up there in plus-minus, always plays against top players, and hes got 30 goals this year playing against top lines. I cant find a better candidate than him. Certainly deserves the nomination. Well see how it goes, but in our regards hes been the best." Toews, who thrived in a shutdown role as perhaps Team Canadas best forward at the Sochi Olympics, led the Blackhawks in ice time and won 57.2 per cent of his faceoffs. Kopitar played the most short-handed minutes of the leagues top 30 scorers and keyed the Kings top-rated defensive effort. Hes the first player in Los Angeles franchise history to be a Selke finalist. Detroits Pavel Datsyuk, a finalist last year and the winner in 2008, 2009 and 2010, missed a big chunk of this season with a knee injury. Jonathan Lucroy Brewers Jersey . Right-hander Todd Redmond took the loss. Jose Bautista hit his second home run of the spring. Here are a handful of tidbits from around camp: Hutchison impressive The Blue Jays are being cautious when talking about their young arms but internally, excitement is building over the way Drew Hutchison is looking and performing this spring. Paul Molitor Brewers Jersey . So he and his Toronto FC teammates say they will have no problem getting up for their Amway Canadian Championship final against rival Montreal Impact, even if the result doesnt count toward Major League Soccer standings. http://www.baseballbrewersproshop.com/will-middlebrooks-brewers-jersey/ .J. Fair didnt have many chances to be the main option for Syracuse last season.UNCASVILLE, Conn. -- Louisvilles 21st straight win wasnt what Rick Pitino would have liked it to be. Chris Jones scored 15 points and Montrezl Harrell added 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead the No. 3 Cardinals to a 71-57 victory over Fairfield on Saturday in the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament. But the Cardinals (5-0) committed 26 fouls and turned the ball over 14 times against the Stags (1-4). "Tonight we were just flat in every phase of the game," Pitino said. "We were flat offensively with only nine assists. Our two point guards turned it over eight times, which they havent been doing. We didnt do the little things necessary to exploit the weaknesses of Fairfield. We were late to the glass a lot. A lot of things were disturbing but well go ahead." Maurice Barrow paced Fairfield (1-4) with 14 points and Marcus Gilbert chipped in with 11. Louisville, which has three national titles, will be looking for its 27th title in a regular-season tournament when it faces No. 24 North Carolina in Sundays championship game. The Tar Heels beat Richmond, 82-72 in Saturdays first semifinal. "This wasnt a close game," Pitino said. "Youre going to see close (Sunday). Thats if we dont get blown out. If we play this way tomorrow, it wont even be a game. I think their size is going to give us a little trouble. They do a lot of good things defensively and theyre long. They offensive rebound very well." The Stags stayed with the Cardinals for much of the first half and led 11-9 midway through it. But Louisville went on a 28-12 run to close the half and led by as many as 21 after the break. Louisville, which was playing its first game away from home this season, got a balanced scoring effort. Wayne Blackshear had 11 points and Russ Smith added 10 points and seven rebounds. Luke Hancock, who has been recovering from a strained left Achilles, had nine points in 17 minutes, and was 7 of 7 from the foul line. This was the Cardinals first game away from home this season, and Hancock said the energy just wasnt there. "Weve had every game in front of big crowds at the Yum! Center," he said. "They had a lot more fans. We just didnt come out with enough energy. Weve ggot to come next time right from the start, especially against Carolina. Aaron Hill Jersey. " The teams combined for 53 fouls in what was far from a crisp contest. Louisville, which came in averaging just six turnovers, the best in the nation, had eight before halftime. Fairfield used a full-court press to rattle the Cardinals vaunted guards. Jones and Smith each gave the ball away four times But Pitinos press was also effective, forcing Fairfield into 19 turnovers. Neither team shot well. Louisville, which came in making almost 50 per cent of its attempts from the field, hit just 38 per cent and the Cardinals were just 2 of 14 from 3-point range. Fairfield fared just as poorly, hitting on just 34 per cent, while going 5 of 15 from behind the arc. The Stags led 9-4 early. A jumper by Harrell tied the game at 11 and started the run that put the Cardinals in control. Hancocks layup off a Fairfield miss gave Louisville a 37-23 halftime lead. Another shot by Harrell gave Louisville its first 20-point lead at 49-28, with 12 minutes left. Fairfield cut the deficit back to 51-36, but could not get closer than 14. It was 59-40 when Harrell picked up his fourth foul and 62-43 when Smith picked up his fourth. But by then, the game had been decided. "Right now Im just locked in on getting my rebounds up," Harrell said. "At halftime I only had two rebounds and I felt, with my mindset, Im a double digit rebounder every night. I went back out after halftime and said thats got to be changed." Jones took charge down the stretch. He had all but two of his points in the second half. Fairfield has lost four in a row. The Stags were picked to finish sixth in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference preseason coaches poll. "We grew up a bit today, and we got some confidence," said Fairfield coach Sydney Johnson. "For Fairfield University, to be on this national stage, and let people know that weve got some good young kids in our program, its a thrill." This was the first meeting between the two programs. Louisville is now 156-37 in non-conference games under Pitino. Fairfield fell to 0-50 all-time against ranked opponents, dating back to the 1949-50 season. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “GrassGames' Cribbage”