GrassGames

Games for Macs, PCs and iPhones.
It is currently Apr 23, 2014

All times are UTC - 3 hours

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2010 
0 Stars

<By GrassGames: Deleted earlier posts as were relevant to older versions of the game>

I have uncovered the culprit using Mac Snow Leopard. I have a special firewall named “Little Snitch.” I have used it for many years and it's never interfered with any application, game or otherwise. In the case of “Cribbage” it never uttered a peep. Turning off “Little Snitch” only (other firewalls are left on) leaves me with a perfectly functioning game (so far). This works with version 1.71 of Cribbage.

My thanks to Aidan and all the others who have suffered through this paradox.

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2011 
2 Star

Hi everyone, i still cant get on!!! sorry to those who i try and cannot connect to, not being rude but its just still not working

Angeline

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2011 
0 Stars

I am still looking for my first network gave in over a year. One problem is, of course, is that I rarely find an opponent any more. Those that I do find, I can't hook up with. Still hoping……..

Woody

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2011 
Site Admin

ps. Angeline & Woody - the latest version has some extra port opening included in the network games system, so please try it and let us know how you get on.

And by the way, once you see an invitation popup or a join game request popup, you're already connected completely at that stage.

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2011 
3 Star

I have the latest version and use a Mac..no connections to this point? Ideas?

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2011 
Site Admin

From the GrassGames' Hearts forums:

Check your router configurations (normally available if you type 192.168.1.1 in your browser) - ensure any router firewalls are turned off, and UPnP is turned on (or at least try different settings to see how things go).

Ensure any software firewalls are turned off.

Try changing the port number in the online options menu.

--

I invited two players to join my created game and got a connection failed result for both. Then I invited them again straight away and both connections worked, so re-inviting is something people should try.

Furthermore, if you can't invite people to your game, try joining a game instead, as sometimes things work better in one direction than another.

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2011 
3 Star

I finally got one network game, so computer and router are set up correctly. I have tried about 30 additional connections with multiple players. I have tried joining their game, and they have tried joining mine. It still does not work. Out of 30-40 attempts one game was played to completion. Mostly it is "could not connect". Very disappointed in the network version.

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2011 
3 Star

As Deauxrite, I had two connections established, but we were disconnected before the end of the play.
Changing the port number does'nt seem to have any effect on the stability of the connection.
It's a real problem which affects my desire to play again!
I am also disapointed by the fact players online are only overseas; Would Cribbage not be played in Europe?
Could the distance is the cause of these troubles? Or is it a bug in the program? :(

PostPosted: Sep 29, 2011 
Site Admin

Please see this post.

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2011 
Site Admin

The latest version just released has some more fixes for the connection problems.