GrassGames

Games for Macs, PCs and iPhones.
It is currently Apr 18, 2014

All times are UTC - 3 hours

Post subject: A longer run exists
PostPosted: Aug 28, 2010 
6 Stars

I don't know about anyone else but I don't need to be told by a machine when I'm missing points ("A longer run exists.") I didn't need all my points to win (and skunk!!!!) the Al. Some may like this feature but if we're talking about Muggins why have this annoyance?

Brian

Post subject: Re: A longer run exists
PostPosted: Feb 16, 2011 
6 Stars

This was never replied to so I'm asking again. Why have the computer pointing out this oversight when it doesn't point out any other missed scoring? In a muggins game these points would be picked up (scored) by the opponent.

While we're on the subject of muggins, the reason for an order in scoring, 15s first through Nobs last, is to make it easier for you (and you're opponent) to follow the scoring and find what may have been missed. It's called courtesy, folks. I mention it to some of my opponents who don't see the sense of it or don't like to follow cribbage conventions (rebels) or feel that it imposes on their individuality but I don't press it. In a muggins game I would press it. And press it.

Brian

Post subject: Re: A longer run exists
PostPosted: Feb 19, 2011 
Site Admin

This all seems to tie up with the muggins feature so I'll investigate when I get around to implementing it, hopefully not to far into the future.

I could implement a "force count order" option as well as removing the "longer run exists" feature - both seem like good ideas at the moment. The "force count order" will probably be an option in the network start game screen.

I realize you are doing your bit to try and make the game better, and appreciate the effort.