[ EDIT: Try the latest beta version first (see below) as it has fixes for networking problems. ]
If you are having problems connecting, try doing the following, then post your results here.
This is for Mac users only - there's may be a way to do the following on Windows also, but I don't have information about that yet.
- Start Terminal from Applications -> Utilities
- Type the following into Terminal and press Enter: ifconfig
- This will output your current network configurations - you should see en0 (ethernet) and maybe fw0 (firewire) listed.
- Do you see also listed: vnic0 and vnic1 ?
- If you don't see them listed, that's fine, desirable even, but this fix is not for you then.
- If you do see vnic0 and vnic1 listed, try entering the following two lines into Terminal (press Enter after each line):
sudo ifconfig vnic0 down
sudo ifconfig vnic1 down
- Reboot your machine
- (Optional) Re-run the sudo commands again (not sure if this is needed)
- Now start the game and see if you have any more luck connecting - always try connection in both directions (ie. first try creating a game, then if that does not work, try joining a created game).
If this fix does work, please let us know by posting here. People tend to just post when they have problems (understandably), but its very helpful to know if this works.
Also let us know if you have Parallels Desktop installed or not, or some other program that creates its own virtual network.