Before anything else, if you have the Mac internal firewall turned on, either turn it off, or ensure the game is allowed incoming connections as follows:
- System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall -> Advanced -> "+" -> GrassGames' Cribbage
[ EDIT: The following should not be needed any more in version 3.2 and later, but won't do any harm... ]
The game tries to open a port on your router to help network games connections. However this may or may not be successful.
You can check if the port is being opened properly are by using the Port Map
app by Coding Monkeys - here's the Mac download link: (no Windows one yet, sorry)http://www.codingmonkeys.de/portmap/download
After you download the app, do the following:
- Start the game
- Select Network Game
- Create a game - this should open a port
- Start the Port Map app that you downloaded
- Press the All UPnP Mappings button
- See if a port has been opened by the game
You can add a port for the game by doing the following (not a bad idea even if a port is listed already):
- Start the game
- Go to Options -> Online
- Note down the port number being used
- Start the Port Map app
- Click the "+" button in Port Map
- Enter the port number in the Local Port field
- Check both TCP and UDP
- Type Cribbage into the Description field
- Press Add Mapping
Now try connecting to people within the game.
Extra things to try:
- There are 4 numbers listed in the online options section within the game - try adding port mappings for all four numbers.
- Change your port number in the online options section to a number between 43000 and 53000, then add the mappings again.
Let us know how you get on!
If this helps I can incorporate all of this into the next version of the game so you won't have add port mappings manually in the future.