Getting points for unfinished online games

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Cribbage".
tlo

Getting points for unfinished online games

Post by tlo »

When playing online, I've noticed that if you quit a game before it is over, it doesn't go against your record. For example, if on the last hand, you see your opponents cards and quit before they get a chance to count them up for the win, it won't count as a loss on your record. Doesn't seem right. Also, if they leave in the middle of a game without closing it out, they can leave you hanging without a chance to claim a win. There should be a way to nudge your opponent when they take too long.

Aidan

Re: Getting points for unfinished online games

Post by Aidan »

When playing online, I've noticed that if you quit a game before it is over, it doesn't go against your record. For example, if on the last hand, you see your opponents cards and quit before they get a chance to count them up for the win, it won't count as a loss on your record. Doesn't seem right. Also, if they leave in the middle of a game without closing it out, they can leave you hanging without a chance to claim a win.
Yes this is a good point. I'll try to do something about it for the next version.
There should be a way to nudge your opponent when they take too long.
I don't think I'll implement this - my wife wouldn't like it anyways. You can always use the chat.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Re: Getting points for unfinished online games

Post by Aidan »

Version 4.1 will now give you ranking points if the loser disconnects during play.

I haven't implemented timeouts yet but will try in a future version.
Aidan
GrassGames.com