A suggestion..........or two..

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Cribbage".
BluPuk

A suggestion..........or two..

Post by BluPuk »

I play Cribbage a lot in the summer, and when we play two-handed, we deal five cards to each other and place two cards from the deck into the crib. That way is a little easier to learn the game. I taught my granddaughter the game that way - having to decide between 2 sets of 3 cards that went together made it too tough for her. Anyway, just a suggestion.
My other suggestion may have been suggested before, but how about a 4 player option? The ability to play 4 handed or two handed?

BluPuk 8-)
27" iMac 2.93 i7, 8Gb Ram, ATI HD5750 1Gb

bjb47

Re: A suggestion..........or two..

Post by bjb47 »

Don't you think it might be a disservice to your granddaughter teaching this version of "cribbage"? It's not the game on the computer and it's not the game played by everyone else on the planet. How will she learn?
As for the four-player option, I think it might be a good idea for some. Most of my cribbage is played online with other humans. I find playing against the computer less satisfying. Playing with three computer players wouldn't work for me. I'm not saying it won't work for others.

CantBeCured

Re: A suggestion..........or two..

Post by CantBeCured »

Errrrrrr excuse me but i play in a local pub cribbage team every week and dealing 5 cards and putting 2 in the box is how we play it. Ive played most card games at some time or another and every game has variation of playing. The game of being dealt 6 cards is quite a new one to me, but being a pro i adapt to anything!!

The 6 cards in hand i find harder to play as it makes it difficult to know what to put in the opponants, especially when i have a good hand and want to give them 2 good cards!!

Angeline