A = Autoplay

For all other problems or comments with Solitaire 3D.
tmno2

A = Autoplay

Postby tmno2 » Aug 14, 2019

A = Autoplay

Three positions
Autoplay Off
Autoplay Normal
Autoplay Maximum

The Autoplay switch allows the player to let the game play automatically those available cards which follow in natural sequence to the scoring decks.

The three switches optioned above when used, when “Off” allow the play to be fully controlled by the player, when “ Normal” allow the player to initiate the Autoplay sequence by tapping the start card, or when “ Maximum” is selected the Autoplay sequence plays all the available cards, when a starter card is uncovered, till none are left available to play, This last option is evidenced by the play time difference between those players high up on the leaderboard and the lesser experienced players, further down the listings, who may perhaps be at loss as to “ How on earth can they do that? ”

Well troops, that is “How” those times are achieved, plus a little bit of skill as well.

So go for it with this little bit of greater awareness at your fingure tips.

Aidan may be better able to explain the options, but I think I covered it reasonably well.

tmno2
Terry

SunnyCorner

Re: A = Autoplay

Postby SunnyCorner » Aug 14, 2019

But where are the switches? It just says autoplay options are not available for this game.
Regards. Ice

Aidan

Postby Aidan » Aug 14, 2019

It depends on the Solitaire in question. For some games, autoplay does not make sense or makes things too easy, and so is not available.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

SunnyCorner

Postby SunnyCorner » Aug 14, 2019

Thanks for the response but I get the same message for Gaps - Pyramid - Scorpion - TriPeaks and Twenty!
Regards. Ice

tmno2

Postby tmno2 » Aug 15, 2019

Thanks Aidan,

Try Intelligence, and see the difference between the Leaders and the last.

tmno2
Terry

SunnyCorner

Postby SunnyCorner » Aug 15, 2019

I've discovered part of the problem - I was using a free version and couldn't get the full range of Solitaire games. I've now paid for a version and I can see what you mean. However, the autoplay is not available in the GAPS game but those huge discrepancies are there too. The fastest times (without autoplay available) seem impossible to achieve. Could it have been hacked?
Regards. Ice

tmno2

Postby tmno2 » Aug 16, 2019

Hi SunnyCorner

I personally think the leaderboard would be fairly difficult to hack, the only way I think anyone could cheat in this fashion would be to retain their device on a specific score by setting the time and date to one that fits the period in which the score is to be lodged.

Check out the annual listings and see if the high scores are duplicated in different periods of the year.

If the same high score shows up on different dates in different periods, then hacking is a possibility, but really, would it be worth the trouble?

My experience leads me to think that there are some pretty good mathematicians playing some of these games, and I “ take my hat off “ to their evident skills.

Consistent practice in playing a particular game certainly leads to higher skills, but some people do have a little more ability than others in particular skills.

So I think if you checked the “ Annual” scores it would indicate the progressive improvement in a particular player’s skills.

I’ll leave it to Aidan, the developer to expand further, if necessary.

tmno2
Terry

Edited:
By annual I mean “ Year”
tmno2

SunnyCorner

Postby SunnyCorner » Aug 16, 2019

I wasn't suggesting the leaderboard could be hacked. The app for all solitaire games must be very similar in construction so amending the autoplay part would be relatively simple I'm guessing.
Regards. Ice

Aidan

Postby Aidan » Aug 16, 2019

There are no autoplay feature in those games you mention by design. E.g. how exactly do you want autoplay to be implemented in Gaps? Any autoplay there and the computer would basically play the game for you. In some of the other solitaires (e.g. Twenty) the choices you make are important and for that reason there is no autoplay in those games.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

SunnyCorner

Postby SunnyCorner » Aug 16, 2019

I wasn't suggesting that you implement auto-play Aidan. I was simply questioning the speed/times that some players seem to be consistently achieving which was where the thread began. The particular game was/is "intelligence" and the explanation was the use of autoplay and the comment, "Well troops, that is “How” those times are achieved, plus a little bit of skill as well."
Well without autoplay how are they being achieved?
Regards. Ice

Return to “General Discussions”