Scoring

For all other problems or comments with Solitaire 3D.
Sabina one

Scoring

Post by Sabina one »

Just wondering why when I submit a score, it will only add it IF it BEATS an existing top score. Ie. i can only have one score showing. Hoever, some people habe three or four showing....so, which is it?

hamerfan

Re: Scoring

Post by hamerfan »

Good question.
I only have one score showing as well on the Online scoreboard. Maybe there are several players out there with the same name? Or maybe they're playing on different computers, although I'm not sure if that would cause multiple high scores to show up.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi

Using different devices while using the same user ID will allow different scores to show in the game leaderboard.

Also even using the one device you will get the same user ID showing different scores usually in the MONTH leaderboard when the end of month and start of the next month coincide with the end and start of the new week.

In my experience the system rights itself, and scoring gets back to normal within a couple of days after this apparent confusion.

This situation seems to occur only in the MONTH leaderboard, while the WEEK leaderboard gets its knickers in a knot if your score in that area is less than that in the MONTH area using the same ID.

This problem also seems to sort itself out after a couple of days have passed into the new period.

Aidan the developer would have more insight into the reason for these hiccups, whilst I personally have developed my own system for overcoming the problem.

Hopefully this info goes some way in answering your query.

tmno2
et al.
Terry

hamerfan

Post by hamerfan »

Very timely. I think what you're asking just happened to me.
The solitaire game on my machine resets the games every Saturday. So my Local scoreboard shows only what has happened in this past week. But Online scoring is different. My player name is Rod. Online/Weekly scoreboard shows me at both positions #28 & #29. The #28 score was posted on 02/28/17, which was last week on my local scoreboard. The #29 score was posted on 03/04/17, which is this week on my local scoreboard.
So I currently have two scores on the Online/Weekly scoreboard, even though I am only one player on one machine.
I hope this makes sense....