New Apple iOS 11 imminent

For all other problems or comments with Solitaire 3D.
tmno2

New Apple iOS 11 imminent

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan,

Referring to the imminent iOS upgrade to version 11.0, and the clear popularity of SOLITAIRE 3D and the HEARTs games, and the evident possibility of the players loosing access to your games, is it your intention to upgrade the apps, if necessary, to comply with Ver. 11.0 requirements.

tmno2
Terry
Last edited by tmno2 on Sep 19, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

hamerfan

Re: New Apple iOS 11 imminent

Post by hamerfan »

Great question!
My wife uses Solitaire on her iPad and she will freak if she loses it. Is Solitaire version 6.72 compatible with iOS 11?

On Edit:
I took the plunge and updated the iPad to iOS 11. Solitaire is working great! My wife is happy so I'm happy. Thanks Aidan! :D

Aklindap1

Post by Aklindap1 »

There may be a problem with iOS 11
Rotation to landscape play on my iPad doesn’t work properly.
Turns the board 180 and magnified instead of 90 degrees

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Aklindap1 wrote:There may be a problem with iOS 11
Rotation to landscape play on my iPad doesn’t work properly.
Turns the board 180 and magnified instead of 90 degrees
Haven't installed iOS 11 yet, as I am waiting for some definitive advice on problems experienced.

I mainly play the game "Intelligence" in the portrait mode, and I think I may be somewhat addicted to it after a recorded 50,000 + games.

While accepting hiccups in the landscape mode, which according to some iPhone players may be corrected by adjusting the preferred mode in OPTIONS, has anyone identified problems with the PORTRAIT mode on the iPad?

tmno2
Terry

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan,

As iOS 11 has well and truly arrived, and is also pushing for download and install, the question raised above has now become more urgent.

What is happening ?

I, and many others, I expect are eagerly awaiting advice of your intentions.

A free update is not requested, as my loyalty to your Solitaire 3D is clearly evident as I've been with you since 2011. I think with a few more registered players voicing their support that we might be able to convince you that updating is definitely a worthy cause.

tmno2
Terry et al

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi again,

As no further input had been received, I took the leap into iOS V11.02, by backing up, downloading and installing the new version.

To my surprise, there were no hiccups and everything worked perfectly as far “SOLITAIRE 3D” and my favorite “Intelligence” was concerned.

Nothing out of place, and everything including the leaderboard came through without a blemish.

So there you go troops, no problems at all, and as far as my iPad Air is concerned, all is well and the new iOS is well worth the update.

Regards to all, and thanks AIDAN for a well constructed gaming system.

tmno2 et al,
Terry

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

I know he was working on it at then end of last week so I presume it all went smoothly.
Best. Ice

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've just released a new version (6.74) for the iPhone today, just the full version, the free ones and iPad versions are not updated yet.

Can someone check to see if it fixes the rotation problems?

It should be in the app store on your iPhone soon.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

MajorCyco

Post by MajorCyco »

Not sure if it works or not. The App Store shows there is an update, but will not install the update. When I tried to comment, it is telling me that I need to buy the game first. Interesting that it shows update, but thinks I don't have purchased it.

I don't want to delete and reinstall as I have about 18 months of game data.

hamerfan

Post by hamerfan »

Aidan wrote:I've just released a new version (6.74) for the iPhone today, just the full version, the free ones and iPad versions are not updated yet.

Can someone check to see if it fixes the rotation problems?

It should be in the app store on your iPhone soon.

I updated my wife's iPad Mini 3 to Solitaire 6.74 and the rotation problem is fixed on it. Thanks, Aidan. :D

MajorCyco

Post by MajorCyco »

Got it to update, and it did not fix the issue.