Solitaire 3D games missing cards

For all queries specific to the Windows version of Solitaire 3D.
Kimmel

Solitaire 3D games missing cards

Post by Kimmel »

Twenty cannot be solved because it is always missing cards, and now I am starting to have the same problem with Gaps. My game says it is up to date with the latest version. What is going wrong? :(

Aidan

Re: Solitaire 3D games missing cards

Post by Aidan »

What system are you using (windows/mac) ? What sort of graphics card do you have?
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Kimmel

Post by Kimmel »

Using a PC with Windows XP Professional - not sure how to find out what my graphics card is. I have an old Toshiba laptop.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

This problem may be fixed up in the latest version just released but I'm not sure as haven't been able to reproduce the problem myself. There were a few fixes made that could fix it up though, and some error checking for this problem added also in the latest version.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

klownboy

Post by klownboy »

Hi Aidan,
A few months back I purchased the GrassGames suite. I too noticed that there were cards missing in "Calculation". I've attached a screen shot of the point where I was at when I couldn't finish and all the cards were played (i.e., the game was finished) and the cards I need were not available or on the played piles. I was done yet there was no queen to play on teh ten and it hadn't been drawn. It doesn't let me attach my saved screen and I have no URL to send you to. I can send it on an email if you want.

I was also wondering if you could provide an option in Calculation were a player could move cards from one of the 4 piles/stacks to an "empty" stack or foundation. All the other versions that I've played (e.g., Solsuite) allow moving a card from the stacks to an "empty" stack or foundation. I believe it gives the user more control and permit some user thinking as oppose to a luck of the draw so-to-speak and true, it allows the player a better chance of winning as well.

Thanks,
Ken

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I too noticed that there were cards missing in "Calculation".
I can't reproduce this problem myself so can't fix it at this time.
provide an option in Calculation were a player could move cards from one of the 4 piles/stacks to an "empty" stack or foundation
I've checked but most (all?) rules of Calculation I've seen do not allow this as far as I can tell.
Aidan
GrassGames.com