Version 6.03 Crashing

For all queries specific to the Windows version of Solitaire 3D.
bare_elf

Version 6.03 Crashing

Post by bare_elf »

I have been playing the free version of the game since version 4. I recently upgraded to version 6.03 (free) and while playing pyramid the game will get a message that states that there was an unexpected error and the program must close. This never occurred in the older versions. Just to make sure that there was not a problem with my computer or Win XP service pack 3 I reloaded the older version and played pyramid for over an hour and a quarter. So once again I downloaded the newest version and played only two games before I received the error message. So I thought I best report this.

B.E.

Aidan

Re: game crashes.

Post by Aidan »

Can you confirm that you are running the latest version 6.1 (check the "About" screen) ?
Aidan
GrassGames.com

bare_elf

Post by bare_elf »

Like I said in my post I downloaded version 6.03 and that was causing the game to crash. I downloaded and installed version 6.1 about an hour ago and it keeps failing the internet connection test at the very start something about a url it can not find.
I know it is not my firewall preventing connection, because when the program was installed my firewall said that the program had been modified and should it allow connection to the internet. I answered yes to that question. Then when I started the game it attempted the internet test and failed because of the above message about not finding the URL.

BE

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Others are reporting this problem also though I can't reproduce it here.

Can you report what the log file says? Do the check first, get the fail, then exit the game, then check the log file. You can post its contents in this thread.

Accessing the log file.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

And a workaround to try:

. Press Alt-Enter to go to windowed mode.
. Submit a score successfully.
. Press Alt-Enter to go to back to fullscreen mode.

Then hopefully the check won't be run again.
Aidan
GrassGames.com