I can't get back total 'manual control'??

For all queries specific to the Mac OS X version of Solitaire 3D.
sparkocat

I can't get back total 'manual control'??

Post by sparkocat »

Somehow I think I hit a key and a 'setting' changed I can't seem to restore to the way I liked it.

I like to play totally manually, moving the cards myself. That's just my personal preference. ;)
I always liked to place my Foundation stacks in a certain order: Black, Red, Black Red suits. This I do because it makes it easier for me to see and know where to move my cards to the right foundation stack.

SUDDENLY now if I click and hold a card to move (especially, that is, an ace - that is, when I am going to START a foundation stack) the ace moves automatically to the first empty foundation slot. So then, if the first ace I come to is a red one, the ace now 'flies' to the first slot when the game USED to let me 'drag' the ace to the second slot!!! I have tried resetting to 'autoplay off', but this doesn't fix the problem!

The same problem goes for moving cards between regular stacks. Instead of letting me drag the card the game now sends it 'flying' to the first available proper place. This is WRONG! I could go on with this in detail, and what circumstances I don't want this to happen, but I think that would just be confusing and unnecessary.
I am using ver 6.72 and OS x 10.9.5

Again, I don't know what I hit to change this! And setting 'autoplay' off is NOT putting it back to how I liked it!

Thanks

tmno2

Re: I can't get back total 'manual control'??

Post by tmno2 »

Hi

Whilst I have the Mac version, I prefer to play on the iPad, as it allows me to keep in front of the majority of players, except that is for "mamah" who manages on the fourth or fifth day to plonk a winning score above me on the leader board!!!!!

Try going to the options button and in one of the Windows there is the option to use either the quick or the slow version, try the slow version it may fit better the way you prefer to play.

That's all I can think of at this time, other players may come up with a better solution.

tmno2
et al

After checking, the option is either " Relaxed" or " Quick", and these options come up in the first window after the " Options" button is selected.

apeters37

Post by apeters37 »

I no longer have the option 'relaxed' only 'quick'. Previously there was an option but it does not appear any longer. How can I retrieve the relaxed version? I have the same problem as others where the cards jump where they want to go and it is impossible to do it manually. I haven't played the games in a day or so as I don't enjoy having the game make my decisions for me, I like to do it manually. When might this error be fixed?

hamerfan

Post by hamerfan »

apeters37 wrote: I have the same problem as others where the cards jump where they want to go and it is impossible to do it manually. I haven't played the games in a day or so as I don't enjoy having the game make my decisions for me, I like to do it manually. When might this error be fixed?
I think you've accidentally changed a setting in your solitaire game. From the right hand drop-down menu, you've changed the Autoplay setting. It sounds like you want it OFF. So when you're in the game, cursor down to the Autoplay option and click on it. The setting should say OFF. If it says anything else, that's the problem. Keep going back to it and clicking on it until you get back to the OFF setting. I prefer MAXIMUM myself. Anyway, there are 4 or 5 settings available, just keep clicking on it until you get back to OFF.
Hope this helps!

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

The autoplay setting also depends on the game and is only available in some games. You can press "A" also to change the setting while playing.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

hamerfan

Post by hamerfan »

Aidan wrote:The autoplay setting also depends on the game and is only available in some games. You can press "A" also to change the setting while playing.
Cool! I wasn't aware of this shortcut, so thanks for posting it. :D