"Internal Error" when submitting scores

For all queries specific to the Mac OS X version of Solitaire 3D.
hamerfan
6 Stars
6 Stars

"Internal Error" when submitting scores

Postby hamerfan » Aug 21, 2011

I am running Snow Leopard version 10.6.8. I have Solitaire 3D version 5.11.
Whenever I win a game, a dialog box opens, asking me if I want to submit my new high score online. If I click yes, I get an Internal Error box to pop up. If I click Cancel, everything is fine.
This just started about 2 days ago. I haven't added any new software or hardware to the computer. I even rebooted the iMac, but no help.
It's certainly not critical, just wanted to put it out there to see if anyone else has seen this.
Thanks Aidan!

hamerfan
6 Stars
6 Stars

Re: "Internal Error" when a game is won

Postby hamerfan » Aug 23, 2011

Well, whatever caused the above problem has gone away. The game is working again as it should. No hardware/software changes on my part.

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Aug 24, 2011

Great :-)
Aidan
GrassGames.com

hamerfan
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby hamerfan » Sep 03, 2011

I've narrowed the problem down a bit (yes, it's back but no big deal).
It seems to happen only on the high score weekly. Each week a new table of winning scores start. When I win with a score of less than 2500 and the dialog box asks if I want to submit my new high score, and I choose yes, I get the Internal Error. Once I win with a score of 2500 or more, it acts as it should and all is well.
On edit:
This happens in the Klondike game. It's the only game I play, so it's the only one where I know it happens.

hamerfan
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby hamerfan » Jan 01, 2012

The minimum winning score needed to post a successful game keeps rising. Li just won a game of Klondike with a score of 2515. I got the "internal error" message and my score wouldn't post locally.
I guess I need to get better and/or faster at this game. :lol:

hamerfan
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby hamerfan » Feb 03, 2012

2520 is the new minimum score needed to avoid the "Internal Error" message. Weird.

Aidan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Aidan » Feb 12, 2012

Thanks for the info - I'll use/need it when I'm investigating the problem for the next version.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

hamerfan
6 Stars
6 Stars

Postby hamerfan » Apr 29, 2012

I found a workaround.
On the Main page I clicked the Reset button. I lost all my previous scores, but now it adds all my scores again on the board, no minimum score required.

Christiana
0 Stars
0 Stars

Postby Christiana » May 13, 2012

This happens every Sunday morning, at the start of a new week. It is so irritating. I note one player resets, 'fixing' the problem, but losing all previous scores. That's not a fix, that's a fudge, and not acceptable. When are Grass Games going to address this problem and give people what they paid for?

TGTyson
0 Stars
0 Stars

Postby TGTyson » Aug 29, 2012

This is REALLY getting irritating.

I enjoy playing this game as well as other Grassgames programs on my Mac as well as both my iPads and iPhone and feel Grassgames has some of the better board-type games on the market.

But (and it's a LARGE but) the continued existence of a programing error that has lasted as long as this one has shows a lack of commitment to supporting your products.

It would be a shame if everyone who has spent money for your games reported this seeming lack of commitment on the iTunes Store.

Please fix this. - Thank You.

Return to “Mac OS X Support”