Cribbage network game

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Cribbage".
jns49

Cribbage network game

Post by jns49 »

Aidan, still unable to connect second player. Fails to connect on both Invite and Join. Have changed port numbers on one player, still doesn't work. Also on Invite, there's no indication on the player being invited that he is being invited. Jns49

Aidan

Re: Cribbage network game

Post by Aidan »

The player being invited does not get notified until a connection has been established first, so I presume that's what's going wrong.

Connections work for most people/situations, but still some will still have problems. See the this page for all help available at the moment.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

jns49

Post by jns49 »

Aidan, I've tried all this, changed ports, etc etc. some instructions not relevant to iPads. Stupid thing is it worked the first game we played after first new iPad release. We've played this game for many times over the last year on the old version and love it - this is a huge disappointment and frustration. You have to think of something better than "May not work for some users!". Going on hols now WITHOUT CRIBBAGE! Let's hope you've fixed it by the time we return!

jns49

Post by jns49 »

Aidan,

After the initial period of "unable to connect" it all started working a treat. But that only lasted about 10 days. Haven't been able to connect for two weeks now, tried all the forum stuff, not much use as I use iPad. Really frustrating, as we love crib and think your programme is great, when it works.

J

jns49

Post by jns49 »

Hi, Aidan,

Having continually failed to get connected I decided to give you up and shop around. Problem with that is that your cribbage is the best by a long way. Nothing comes near it - so I have decided to try again to get our network game connected.

I tried the Static IP Address tip - to no avail.

We're on ipads so the Mac and Portmap stuff doesn't help.

I've tried changing the port numbers again to no avail.

THEN !! It occurred to me that the problem might be because both players are on the same home network and using the same router. So I connected one ipad to the internet through my phone hotspot - AND IT WORKED !!

So is this the problem all along? (although you'll know from my thread that it worked fine for months before the big release in the summer). It seems to me that lots of people would want to use the game like we do - in the same house. So we can play in the kitchen, dining room, or even in bed!! So if this is the problem, could there be a connection option (like the Private Room option) when both devices are on the same network. That would save all that router stuff and internet traffic.

John

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

John, LAN (local network - all on some router) games should work fine - they do for me here. Can you go back to trying to setting up a network game on the LAN and send me the logs for both the person creating the game and the person trying to join. The logs can be easily accessed and copied from the "About" screen within the game. Just post there here in the forums and I'll remove them later. Thanks...
Aidan
GrassGames.com