Additional possibilities suggestions

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
frankl

Additional possibilities suggestions

Post by frankl »

The style of Hearts I first learned had some different rules which I feel would make a worthy expansion to the Omnibus version. I feel that having more possibilities to have the score both rise and fall makes for a more interesting experience.

1. If a person takes no tricks in a hand, they get 5 points taken off their score.
2. If a person shoots the moon, they have the choice of either receiving 26 points off their own score, or adding 26 to each of their opponents' scores.
3. Modify the game so that there is an option in the general set-up: when the Queen of Spades is played, it "breaks" the Hearts as well. This can be set or not, according to the player's wishes.
4. Modify the game so that the maximum score for a game can be set by the user. I learned Hearts where the max. score (and therefore, the end of the game) was 55, but having the ability to set any number the player wishes will make the game more versatile.
5. This one's personal: I find that the card sorting animation that occurs after the initial deal and then again following the card exchange to be distracting, and frankly, headache inducing. Please consider an option whereby this display is bypassed, and the cards simply appear in sorted order.

JFParnell

Re: Additional possibilities suggestions

Post by JFParnell »

More importantly there should be a way to blackball players when they quit a game early. There should be an option for any opponents to give this person a blackball to prevent them from pulling out of a game, because they are getting beat. This tally should then be tracked next to their username in the Network section. It would also be nice to have some sort of ranking depending on how you do in games. This would give other players an idea of each others ability.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Points noted people, thanks.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Scrivello

Post by Scrivello »

Coming from another version of Hearts (3D Hearts, from Freesoft, which no longer works on my Intel machine running Lion), I miss several features. To wit:

• It would be helpful to have more detailed stats available during the game, such as which players have taken what
             points during each trick; and after each hand, such as interim scores for each previous hand, not just points per hand
              and the aggregate total.
           • And what’s the possibility of keeping a record of running scores between games, with at least average scores for the
             current player?

And two observations:

• The graphics, customization, and game play are quite lovely and show wonderful attention to detail; thanks!
           • And, unless I’ve missed something, the only difference between the free version of the game and the paid version
              is that there are ads in the free version. Frankly, those ads are not particularly annoying (and I’m easily annoyed by
              ads!), so the only reason to buy the paid version is to show appreciation for a well-made app. That’s very nice of
              the developer, but it may give his users a little too much credit — I hope I’m wrong about that.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Yes good points all.

If I do make more restrictions on the free version soon, we all know who to blame :-) Not me! No but seriously I think you are right about that and have thought about it in the past.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Linux Vista

Post by Linux Vista »

Quitter issues need to be taken seriously!

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Most points suggested here have been implemented by now.
Aidan
GrassGames.com