LeaderBoard. Intelligence. Busted.

For all other problems or comments with Solitaire 3D.
tmno2

LeaderBoard. Intelligence. Busted.

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aiden.
After an absence of around six months, I have returned to my favorite game, only to find the leaderboard function, playing up in a confusing fashion.
Where as in the past it used to reset the placings, as far as Australian Eastern Time was concerned, around 11:00am each Wednesday.
After my return, I find the function seems to reset the placings, overnight our time, therefore during daylight USA time, and loosing the previous date relevant placings listed previously.
This activity confused me until I was able to regain the lost placement by "resubmitting" from the score listing for each of my player ID's, thus correcting for the apparent loss of data.
For your sake, I hope this bug does not effect the leaderboard function right throughout all the games using this scoreboard function.
Let me know if I may be of further assistance in supporting your FIX.

Terry
tmno2
Etc.
Last edited by tmno2 on Feb 12, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Aidan

Re: LeaderBoard. Intelligence. Busted.

Post by Aidan »

The next version of Solitaire 3D will come with some score fixes. Please wait till that version arrives (a month or two). If you see the problem reappearing in the new version I'll investigate then.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi
Aiden
Thanks for your prompt reply
Terry
tmno2

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aiden
The problem looks to me to be related to the server end, as all the "LOCAL" activity operates and updates without fault.
The current status on the "WORLD" configuration is that it won't update correctly, while dropping user's high scores off at whim, on all the scoring types, ALL, YEAR, MONTH and WEEK.
My previous recovery method seems to no longer work, might the server be at its capacity limit?

Regards
tmno2

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan

I venture to add to the previous reports, with the following:-
Total games of " INTELLIGENCE" played since April 2013, under my selected ID's "35,315",
and that is on the iPad only.
Your earlier advice that the " LEADERBOARD" schemmozle would probably be fixed by late last year, does not seem to have occurred.
Whilst I personally seem to be able to keep on top of the problem, through constant effort, I'm sure there a many players of your scored games that are confused by the random tallying actions that seem to take place at the whim of inconsistent instructions within the logarithm applying to this function.
Though not many players appear to have found and recorded their confusion, within this forum, I'm sure there would be a sudden deluge of complaints if they all came in at the same time.
SO! How about we get a fix of some sort to this ongoing problem?
Regards
tmno2
et al.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan

Thanks for the new version.

I'm still testing it for correction of the previous experienced leaderboard faults.

One problem has arisen though, and it relates to the new way the cards are dealt.

In the previous version, each deal was one card to each playing stack in sequence from the first stack to the last stack, till each stack held THREE cards, with the excess balance then placed in the feeder stack.

As mentioned in previous reports, there was an occasional aberration , when the deal, subsequent to the first deal, fired off or "squirted" the THREE cards to each stack, in sequence till all stacks were THREE'd out, with the excess going to the feeder stack.

It was experienced more often than not, in the squirted deals ,that the player finished up with more aces than could be played, as no top line played boxes were left empty.

In these cases that game had to be discontinued as it was unresolveable.

Such a situation has just occurred to me in your new version. Image supplied.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (552.02 KiB) Viewed 68198 times
I do not know if it is feasable for you to revert to the previous way of dealing , where this type of squirt deal only occasionally happened, but I think it was worth the comment.

Regards
tmno2
et al.

EDITED: 08/02/2016: 1745 ESTD AUS.
Last edited by tmno2 on Feb 08, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan,

Before you do anything, hold till I check for further problems if any.

It appears that when the new week board starts, any score achieved would need to be better than that showing in the monthly score, otherwise it doesn't register or show in the weekly score. I.e. An advice box comes up saying that " you already have a better score" !!!!!

Stay tuned for further activity.

Of course all this relates to the iPad.

tmno2
et al
Last edited by tmno2 on Feb 12, 2016, edited 1 time in total.

AdeFowler

Post by AdeFowler »

The only major difference I've noticed (playing Scorpion), is that when you're on the scores page after a win the New Game button has gone. So you have to tap the Back button to get to the options page.

Also, did some deck options disappear? On the Mac version there's about a dozen options, there are now only four options on the iPad version.

Thanks.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan,

Here is another instance where the squirt deal has produced ACES beyond need.

Occurred about 1630 on 09/02/2016.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (554.4 KiB) Viewed 67704 times

I will check my older iPad ( not updated ) for the better, trusted, non error producing, dealing method.

Regards
tmno2
et al.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi again.

Yes!

As tested the superceded version of "Solitire 3D" dealt the " Intelligence" cards singularly to each stack, sequentially, from the first stack to the last stack, one card to each stack, till all stacks had three cards, then the excess cards went to the feeder stack.

This was the normal procedure for the three deals, with the SQUIRT deal happening only very occasionally, and then, only on the second or third deal. In my experience, it occurred only when the new "shuffle" held less cards than required to result in any cards being available for the feeder stack. ( Now, that's an algorithmic sleight of hand if ever I've seen one! )

More often than not the SQUIRT deal fed more aces into the game than could be effectively used, and it was my practice to immediately abandon the game once a SQUIRT deal had occurred.

That's it 'so far' from me.

Regards
tmno2
et al.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan

Further to previous.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (552.39 KiB) Viewed 69913 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (552.35 KiB) Viewed 69913 times
A couple more instances of the erroneous squirt deal, from yesterday and today.

NB:- in all instances nothing in the feeder stack.

tmno2
et al.

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan

Just to advise that this mis-dealing problem is still active and has not yet fixed itself.

I mean the occasional deal of four additional aces when there are no holes to put them in, as all the eight normal places are already filled.

As previously stated this situation only occurs on either the second or third layout, and only when the feeder stack is empty at the finish of the dealt hand.

I have recorded at least ten such occasions since my last post.

Just a thought, maybe it's related to the situation where you are playing with more than the two decks so far encountered. You seem to have allowed for this in the number of decks status bar above the skill level indicator. Though if this was the case there are definitely not enough cards in the faulting deal to support the three decks possibility.

Oh well!

Some ghost code in the algorithm I suppose. It may be not worth the time to trace it out, but I can relate that it does jerk you to a screeching halt when it happens.

Regards
tmno2
Et al.
Terry

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

Hi Aidan

Good to see you are getting to grips with this problem!

Another clue to add to the above, is that when this misdeal occurs, it always sprays out FOUR additional aces, one each of the four different suits.

Good luck

tmno2
et al
Terry

tmno2

Post by tmno2 »

With reference to above:-

Except for this time:-

Go figure, one time in fifty.

tmno2
Terry

Edited the colored attachment, and replaced with a mono shot, i.e. Less load time.

tmno2
Terry
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (654 KiB) Viewed 56667 times