Games for Macs, PCs and iPhones.
It is currently Apr 21, 2014

All times are UTC - 3 hours

Post subject: Aesthetics and etiquette
PostPosted: Nov 14, 2009 
6 Stars

A few suggestions:
1) Make muggins and autoscore optional.
2) Have a limited "undo" button in two accidental circumstances which would not occur in a human to human game. If one hits the "DONE" button before entering their score and if one donates to the crib a card they had wanted to keep. There should be no undo button for actual game play.
3) Cribbage convention has the fifteens counted before all other scoring. The computer opponent disregards this "rule." A human opponent would not.
4) In my decades of cribbage playing I have never myself nor heard anyone else use the term "Nearest 31 for 1." The term is "GO" both as a verb and a noun.
5) It would be nice to have a greater fanfare when the game is won by thirty points or more. "Skunk" is the proper term. "Double skunk" for a sixty point win.
6) I have seen one but I have never played on this design of board. It is rather old-fashioned.
7) It would speed up the scoring if one could put in multiple cards for multiple runs. Typing in quadruple run ."234 run, 234 run, 234 run, 234 run" would be much easier if it was just "22334 run" every experienced cribbage player would just say "... and sixteen for ...." You do this for a three or four of a kind. Even if only the runs are calculated separately from the pairs it would still speed up the scoring.
8) In a pinch I have used small pieces of kindling or matchsticks for markers but generally I have used coloured pieces. Is it possible to let us choose.

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2009 
Site Admin

1) Muggins yes at least
2) No undo planned, though the move cards to crib setup will be changed to address this problem
3) I wasn't aware - will be put into the next version
4) So, it should say "Go for 1" and "Go for 2" ?
5) Skunk and Double Skunk need to be implemented someday
6) New boards planned in a future version also
7,8) Will look into it

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2009 
1 Star

Aidan: I can answer that one. No, the term "GO" means only peg one so that the actual number reached (28,29 or whatever) doesn't matter as long as it is not 31.
So it's "X for a GO (meaning any number less than 31), or 31 for two. If my answer sounds condescending I apologize, it is not intentional, I love the game. Thanks for your attention to detail.

Rich 8-)

PostPosted: Nov 22, 2009 
0 Stars

Ref point 3

You have it correctly on the scoring keys - ie

1 - count the 15s
2 - count the pairs (grouping these as 'pairs royal' etc works fine for me!)
3 - count the runs
4 - count a flush
5 - count his nob

If the computer were to count in this order then it would be much easier to follow.
:)

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2009 
Site Admin

The computer counting order has been fixed up and also the "GO" text has been included in the latest release. The other points will be looked into in a future release.

PostPosted: Jan 10, 2010 
0 Stars

I agree with BluPuk, thanks for your responsiveness and attention to detail. I grumbled awhile back when the server went down during my free trial, but you've come through with support and I have since purchased the game. I really appreciate your continual work at making it better as well.

PostPosted: Mar 28, 2010 
Site Admin

Point 6 has been addressed in the latest version.

PostPosted: Apr 03, 2010 
0 Stars

Would also like to re-suggest the double run button instead of having to count each run and each pair. Makes it rather slow. (ie instead of hittin 234, run, 234 run, 22 pair and being able to hit 2234 double run.)

Site Admin

As to the double run, is there a five card version that needs to be implemented also and if so, whats the term for it ?

0 Stars

I am not 100% positive, but my family has always called it a double run, a double double run, and a triple run.

Double- 2234
Double double- 22344
Triple- 22234