GrassGames

Games for Macs, PCs and iPhones.
It is currently Apr 21, 2014

All times are UTC - 3 hours

Post subject: "Undo" button?
PostPosted: Apr 28, 2009 
0 Stars

It's far too easy to accidentally hit "Done" on the way to some other button or card. An "undo" option would fix that. Why isn't there one?

Do the developers follow this forum? Why can't I just offer a suggestion?

Post subject: Re: "Undo" button?
PostPosted: Sep 01, 2009 
0 Stars

Hear hear! I just cheated myself out of about 10 points because I accidentally hit the Done button on my way to the crib card. If we can't have an Undo button, how about putting the crib card closer to the hands so that we don't have mouse so far or mouse past the Done button on the way there?

PostPosted: Oct 30, 2009 
0 Stars

How about when we change our mind about a discard to the crib? Still no Undo button planned? That would make the game MUCH more user-friendly.

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2009 
Site Admin

I've moved the Done button as requested in the latest version.

I don't think I'm ever going to implement an Undo button, sorry. I'm trying to make the game as lifelike as possible, an Undo feature completely takes away from this

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2009 
0 Stars

Hi Aidan,

You did a great job on designing the cribbage game. I've really enjoyed playing it. If you don't like the undo button, would you consider adding another button, such as an "add cards to crib" button? Maybe I'm not as coordinated at most, but at least once during a game I select the wrong card to put in the crib. It may be because I'm used to the way video poker works; you select the cards you want to keep, not the ones you want to throw away. I find myself trying to select 4 cards, and end up throwing the first 2 cards I select in the crib. The button could be similar to the buttons you have to select when you're counting: you select the cards, then have to hit pair, run, flush or whatever. For those that don't want to select another button (I'm usually all for making things as simple as possible), this could always be an option you could turn on or off. I like having less buttons, but I find that the older I get I make mistakes when selecting cards with a mouse, something that I wouldn't do if I were playing the game with actual playing cards.

Once again, thanks for all the hard work - it's a great game.

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2009 
Site Admin

I think that's a good idea Penny and I'll look into implementing it for the next version.