New decks in v7.22 need fixing

For all queries specific to the iPhone and iPod Touch versions of Solitaire 3D.
Maddcow

New decks in v7.22 need fixing

Post by Maddcow »

Hi there
I’m just wondering why all of the decks have been changed in v7.22? ALL of them can be tricky to discern the various suits and my favourite deck has been completely removed. I can’t remember what it was called but it’s definitely no longer there. I even bought the extra 8 decks in the hope that my favourite deck would be included but it’s just gone.

Very, very disappointed in this “upgrade”

Cheers
Gary

Aidan

Re: New decks in v7.22 need fixing

Post by Aidan »

"The numbers are larger but the suit is so much smaller that it makes fast play difficult."

Are you talking about the suit on the suit on the top near the number, or down below the numbers?

To me, the decks look way better in version 7, but possibly the pips below got a bit smaller:

Cards V6 V7.jpg
Cards V6 V7.jpg (197.89 KiB) Viewed 33117 times
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow »

I'm talking about the suits below the numbers. I was thinking about it this morning. There was one particular deck in v6 that was really clean and clear...I'll have to check on my iPad (before updating to v7) to see which one it is. It'd be great if that one deck could be incorporated into v7 but I also understand that might not be possible.

Thanks for replying, Aidan. Apart from this one issue, I've been playing Solitaire 3D for more than a decade and it's the one game that I never get bored with and is always one of the first apps I install on a new device.

EDIT: I've just checked on my iPad and think it was the "Large" deck

Cheers
Gary

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

The iPad decks are different. If you want to see the old decks, the free versions have not been updated yet, so you can download them in the app store (search for 'grassgames').

Which of the solitaires are you playing btw so I can have a look?
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow »

Hi Aidan
I’ve just checked on my wife’s iPhone and Deck A was my favourite. On iPhone, I find this to be very clean and easy to play quickly.

I pretty much only play Klondike but I play for the leaderboards, and so fast play is essential.

Is there any chance of bringing back Deck A from v6?

Regards
Gary

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Here's version 6 'Deck A' and version 7 'Belgian'. I don't see a huge difference - the small pips were wider apart in V6, but apart from that?

iPhoneDecksCompare.jpg
iPhoneDecksCompare.jpg (165.46 KiB) Viewed 33087 times

If either one does not correspond to what you see on your side, then let us know.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I've made some updates and will be releasing a new full version for iPhones and Android soon.

By re-arranging the pips I was able to make them a lot bigger than before:

iPhoneCardDeck.jpg
iPhoneCardDeck.jpg (81.74 KiB) Viewed 33028 times

The card packs DLC now also includes some one-pip decks also:

NewPhoneCards2.jpg
NewPhoneCards2.jpg (83.08 KiB) Viewed 33070 times
Aidan
GrassGames.com

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow »

Oh wow, that one-pip deck looks great! Thanks for listening and replying, Aidan.

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow »

I downloaded the update today. You nailed it, Aidan! Nice work, and thank you very much. The single-pip deck is awesome.

Maddcow

Post by Maddcow »

One question: should I be able to restore my IAP for the extra decks on my iPad if I purchased these on my iPhone? The iPad app isn’t allowing me to restore my purchase and there isn’t even a prompt to enter my Apple ID to check for the purchase.

EDIT: ah, I see that there’s a separate Solitaire 3D for iPad i.e. I must have purchased both versions as it’s not a universal app.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Yep there are separate apps for iPhones and iPads.
Aidan
GrassGames.com