Overhaul scoring system

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
badhakker

Overhaul scoring system

Post by badhakker »

Thought this deserves a fresh post.
The current scoring system is long overdue for an overhaul. Those who have the time to play all day have a decided edge. If you have the time, play and play and you will gravitate to the top. My suggestion is to start over, all equal and award 5 points for a win, minus three for second, minus two for third, and plus one for last. So wrong to penalize for holding Queen to get the leader. This will present a level playing field for all and might also eliminate cliques.
Regards, bad.

badhakker

Re: Overhaul scoring system

Post by badhakker »

I am sure you started this as a “fun” game and as a longtime player I remember when it was fun. Now it has devolved into what the leaders perceive as an elite few that should be considered to be allowed to play for the top positions. Please consider making changes which will allow all to enjoy.
Regards, bad.

HowCoolIsThat

Post by HowCoolIsThat »

pffffft.

I will pay 50% of whatever it costs to leave everything exactly as it is regarding the current scoring system.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

So wrong to penalize for holding Queen to get the leader
This does not happen in the current scoring system.

Opinions are interesting though, keep them coming.

It was suggested some time ago about resetting the ratings every month also and keeping a history of "top players of the month" instead. Maybe a double rating could be introduced and shown in the lobby - all time rating and current month's rating?
Aidan
GrassGames.com

HowCoolIsThat

Post by HowCoolIsThat »

As one fellow put it, "Every day the clock resets. Your wins don't matter. Your failures don't matter. Don't stress on what was, fight for what could be.“

I was at the top of the heap a few times and, now, seemingly a couple of light years away from there. No big deal. I play for fun, we all do. I don't care if my ranking is #1 or #100. If someone wants to simply change the scoring system because they don't like their ranking, maybe it's not meant to be. As a venture capitalist so eloquently put it, “Play to your strengths. If you aren’t great at something, do more of what you’re great at.”

Naisyalam

Post by Naisyalam »

+ 25 for winning

+ 5 for 2nd

+ 1 for third

- 1 for losing

- 15 for quitting

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Ok - discussions on this moved here.