Frozen games

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
ChiGuy

Frozen games

Post by ChiGuy »

Hi all. Aiden, have you received reports on games freezing? It usually happens at the beginning of a game, but it happened to us, for second time, in the middle of the game. Frustrating. Thanks

SunnyCorner

Re: Frozen games

Post by SunnyCorner »

I very much doubt that this will be fixed as its more likely to be a problem with players using various operating systems than the app itself. Connectivity and variable net reliability around the world are all factors. The increased use of VPN's and extreme weather events are all contributing to the problem and it shows no sign of going away.......

Regards Iceman

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

The game tries to unfreeze itself in situations where network problems can cause communication to get disrupted.

I've noticed one situation where this does not work and will be fixed up in version 3 - it happens when passing is complete and players are accepting the passed cards.

If freezes happen elsewhere, a description of the exact phase of play will help me investigate. Also make a copy of the logs after the freeze happens but before you exit the game fully - you can find them in the About section within the game. You can post there here in the forums. If I can get logs from any of the other players in the game this would help also.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

Aidan - the game freezes when I use "sleep". It responds to the button and reduces to an icon in the sidebar but then it doesn't wake up. The only solution is to force it to quit and then restart it. If this is a common glitch it might explain why there are so many dead men in the lobby?

Regards Ice
Last edited by SunnyCorner on Jun 03, 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

I think the original post was talking about freezing during play, not in the lobby.

The "sleep" feature in the lobby is something that will probably be removed for the next version.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

ChiGuy

Post by ChiGuy »

Thanks for all the posts. I realized most of the freezes occur when passing cards if I am chatting. Thanks. Will refrain from chats while passing. Thanks