Petty players exploiting rule changes!!!!!

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
sirus

Petty players exploiting rule changes!!!!!

Post by sirus »

Skipper123 and myself had a respectful disagreement (no name calling etc). I thought the matter was over when I noticed that he muted my chat. This is an obvious FLAW IN design. I know what your intent was Aidan but people are abusing this function and preventing the target (in this case Myself) from speaking to anyone else. This person plays all day and as long as hes in the lobby my chat is muted. Please change this.

HowCoolIsThat

Re: Petty players exploiting rule changes!!!!!

Post by HowCoolIsThat »

Finally, another voice of reason. Allowing one player to mute another player (to everyone else) is a very poor design addition that diminishes the overall experience.

Skipper123

Post by Skipper123 »

As the 'petty' player you refer to please allow me the right of reply. I'm new to this game for about a month now. In learning the game I've asked several players a few questions about the game. I've picked up some great tips from the community. I had asked you why you ended a game early by not allowing high on 87 to complete their moon. You were not low or high. Low was on 30 and even with a moon high would still have been high. You took this question personally and said how it was your choice who won the game and you didn't want high to have any chance of winning, perhaps not put in such a nice way. You said you wanted low to win. You continued to comeback with silly comments so yes I did temporally block your chat. This is what I thought the function was there for and was suggested to me by another player.
Clearly we'll agree to disagree but at anytime you can go back and reply the game and you are able to view everyones cards. This is a great function and has helped me learn a lot about this game. Whilst in hospital I've had plenty of time to review the games I've been in, this is a great way of picking up tips and allows you to view some class players at work. I'd recommend this to anyone needing help.

Sirus, please take heed of this final comment - as a new player to this game it seems to me that Hearts needs new players and encouragement of those new players to stay after their initial free month, your type of commentary will not encourage new players to stay and the game will become stagnant. Hopefully the line has been drawn under this now.

sirus

Post by sirus »

Nonsense. Veteran players such as myself is not impressed with someone throwing stones and hiding their hands afterwards, only to complain that their the victim!!!!! For clarification for all those pros that's reading this. He would have a valid point if he only blocked me during the game only. However, he blocked me several days (it may have even been a week or 2) and would not unmute me!!!!! He only unmuted me when i learned what he did and returned the favor!!!!!. As I've said your actions were very petty. You've stated yourself to be new to the game. so why create unnecessary animosity with veteran players. Who do you think you are? such arrogance. There have been many disagreements. Every one has a right to their opinion (INCLUDING YOU) without bogus censorship. As far as the game in question, it's only a game. Secondly, I dare any player to dump or consistently pass bad cards to me and assume that i don't care and will help them move out of second into first. It could happen but you don't to have the right to expect it. The fact is that you created bad karma for yourself during that game with your disregard of the high man. Yes skipper, only one can win but in some ways its a team sport in the sense that there's a right way to play the game. If you play selfish (you can and should if your winning) it will win you no support, You didn't play well enough to win and you didn't, neither did I. Nor did you deserve to win. Neither did I, and we both did not.

HowCoolIsThat

Post by HowCoolIsThat »

Just a point of clarification...more than one player can win the game. Two player ties are quite common and I've actually played in a game where three people tied (for first).

As to Aidan's "feature" to allow any player to block chatting to ALL PLAYERS is, well....how do I say this delicately?.....something Vladimir Putin would do.

sirus

Post by sirus »

Lol. So true. Lets get back to playing the game we all love.