Version 3 - Suggestions

For all support and comments on the game "GrassGames' Hearts".
Aidan

Re: Version 3 - Suggestions

Post by Aidan »

If all the tricks will be taken lay the cards down regardless if the queen has not been played. Stop the stupid delay just prior to the playing of the queen of spades.
Sounds good - will look into it.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

Its time to lose the medals - even the worst players now have 5 gold and a silver/bronze so they convey nothing. They certainly don't represent skill levels, only reflecting that the player turned up a lot.

A better idea might be to show the % of wins and/or options to describe how the player rates themselves - competitive - casual etc. At the very least that conveys some useful information to other players?

Is it possible to list all players who are logged on, in the lobby "status" column. For example "sleeping" "available" and "playing"? That way we can see if its worth waiting for a game?

And finally - I do think its worth considering anonymising players in the lobby and during play. There are so many who won't play with each other its getting ludicrous. If there was no choice it would simply stop and you would have to play with whoever turned up. At least consider the option of being able to change your name at the beginning of each month at the start of each new competition?

Regards Ice

nealb2

Post by nealb2 »

Autocomplete games, tired of playing multiple cards knowing I will take all the tricks.

SunnyCorner

Post by SunnyCorner »

When might we expect the changes to be implemented - consultation has been going on since March - its dragging on a bit isn't it?

Ice

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Yes its still ongoing. I had to write an avatar system from scratch and also rewrite the networking system completely (again) but these tasks have been completed. I'll be looking into updating the scoring / rankings system soon.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

HowCoolIsThat

Post by HowCoolIsThat »

Curious George asked me to ask you this question Aidan, "What is your plan to increase the number of people (or monkeys is what he actually stated) that will subscribe to your Hearts platform?" Seems he has more concern, as do many of us, as to how you'll increase subscribers since it appears fewer than 100 people (worldwide) are frequent players.
CG.jpeg
CG.jpeg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 164 times
He wants this Avatar by the way.

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Plan is to make the game free with a subscription charge for network games only with a free 30 day trial. The subscription charge will work (later) for GrassGames' Cribbage also and all other future games (hopefully Rummy and Spades next year). So it may be a slow start but I hope things will pick up over time.
Aidan
GrassGames.com

cenalex67

Post by cenalex67 »

mmm

Aidan

Post by Aidan »

Anyone who has bought the full version of the game in the last two years from GrassGames.com will have a free subscription for two years starting from the purchase date.
Aidan
GrassGames.com